Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP - Maximum RNA timeout on outbound SIP calls

Dale Beachwood
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have UCCE 8.5(3) with CVP 8.5.1  with ICM scripts with options that route to dynamic labels that route calls to Cisco endpoints (line groups and phones with forwareding)  that need extended ringing time. The maximum time these will ring is 60 seconds which I believe is becasue the maximum CVP RNA timer is 60 seconds.

Calls to these ICM scripts are reached from Cisco phones via registered CTI Route Points so no gateways are involved.

A call from a Cisco phone to another Cisco phone without forwarding will ring for 3 minutes before CallManager stops the call, so it's not a UCM issue.

I tried changing the SIP.System.OutboundInviteTimeout in the sip.properties file from the default 60 to a larger value and restarting the call service and even restarting the server, but calls still disconnect at 60 seconds:

# System configuration DN patterns to match for setting call specific Expires header (RONA) on outbound invites from sip b2bua.

SIP.System.OutboundInviteTimeout = 120

I understand that I can enable Router Requery on Labels and connect the fail connection to another Label, and I do use this in many cases, but still have other cases where this does not meet the need.  I am also able to send a call via a Label to a CTI Route Point (unregistered) that forwards to the desired number, but this has other drawbacks such as following the call in UCM CDR records.

So, I am curious if anyone has found a way to change the CVP RNA max to beyond 60 seconds.

Dale

3 Replies 3

Senthil Kumar Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Dale,

CVP doesn't allow you to exceed the RNA more than 60  Seconds. If you want to configure the timer for DN Patterns you should  do it via OPS console, It would update the sip.properties files in  correct way, the above way is incorrect.

Regards,

Senthil

Thanks for the response. I know that the proper way to configure the RNA timeout is through Ops Console but was hoping that there might be a way around the 60 second maximum.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

If you use a REFER transfer then CVP will remove itself from the call flow.