Since a few months, we have deployed a CVP Reporting Server. It worked fine for several days.
Now when we try to connect the Crystal Reports to the CVP database, we receive the following message :
Details: 28000: [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix] Incorrect password or user cvp_dbadmin@Local_IP is not known on the database server.
[Database Vendor Code: -951]
I tried to test the ODBC connection to the Reporting DB but I received the following message :
Test Connection was not successful.
[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix] Incorrect password or user cvp_dbadmin@Local_IP is not known on the database server.
I tried to change the password from OPS Console but I received a message : Invalid user password
Please note that CVP Reporting server is a domain memeber. Could it be something related to domain password policy?
Anyway, can anyone help me to reset the passwords for the following users :
Have you logged on to the CVP reporting server itself and gone to DBACCESS from a command prompt. This will bring you to managing the DB User accounts exist. You can add, remove, and modify the user properties within DBACCESS.
Occasionally the reporter server admin user and password is out of sync (doesn’t match) the database user and password in Ops Console that allows CVP reporting to function properly.
If this error is found in the reporting server logs you may use the below procedure to recover.
*password or user com.informix.asf.IfxASFRemoteException:
cvp_dbuser@SERVERNAME is not known on the database server.*
This procedure often remedies the situation and avoids the task of re-installing CVP reporting server.
1. Make sure the reporting service is up and running.
2. Log into the reporting server Windows "Administrator" account.
3. Set the "cvp_dbuser" account password to a string (See reporting guide for how to choose a password).
4. Start Ops Console and log in to the Ops Console.
5. Select above reporting server in the reporting page.
6. Select the "Database User".
7. In the Old password field, enter the password used in step 3.
8. In the New password field, enter a new password. Reenter the
new password in the "Reconfirm Password" field.
9. Save and Deploy.