Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP SIP STATIC ROUTE

Hi All,

We have following static Route in CVP 8.5, but CVP is taken last route and routed the call to CUCM instead of VXML G/W.

I know its configuration issue not supposed to have same route to CUCM and VXML, But as i know CVP static route will always looks for longest prefix and route the call accordingly.

If we have same route then it will always looks for first hit, But in my case it taken last route and routed the calls to CUCM.

8041>,idvgws.com

8041>,cucmcluster.com

Here we will route all the calls to VG once ICME repsond with Extn and we have SIP Trunk from VG ---> CUCM to handle RTP.

Line 156:               Line 17443: 53512: 192.168.11.14: Aug 01 2013 13:43:25.109 +0800: %CVP_8_5_SIP-7-CALL:  {Thrd=pool-1-thread-206-SIP-103686} CALLGUID = 009FB0B9F9A411E2B331BB97113E239E LEGID = 009FB0B9F9A411E2B331BB97113E239E-13753358051091899 - [OUTBOUND]: INVITE TO <sip:8041603@cucmcluster.com

CALL:  {Thrd=DIALOG_CALLBACK.3} CALLGUID = 009FB0B9F9A411E2B331BB97113E239E LEGID = 009FB0B9F9A411E2B331BB97113E239E-13753358051091899 - [OUTBOUND] - DsSipInvitation - <sip:

8041603@cucmcluster.com;transport=tcp>;tag=280702~4be616ac-9b26-47c3-8e1d-1202b153260f-37940173 - 1 REJECTED WITH 404 - Not Found Reason: Q.850;cause=1

Search "8041063" (0 hits in 0 files)

Instead of sending calls to VG, CVP routed calls to CUCM and we don't have SIP TRUNK from CVP ---> CUCM to strip significant digits as 804.

Please suggest in which case/scenario it will take route from bottom. Is there any logic/logarithm behind this.

Regards,

Sivanesan R

SIVANESAN R       

SIVANESAN R
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Do you use Sip Server Group Configuration or HostName ?  Below is the small snippet on Static Routes Validation from SRND. Did you have reachability from CVP B to VG ? Can you have a look at the Error logs for any Route disabled Notice.

Static Routes Validation:

The hostname or IP address of a static route is validated at startup and configuration deployment time

with a DNS lookup resolution. If the hostname does not resolve to an A record or an SRV record, then

the route is disabled and a notice is printed in the Unified CVP error log. The calls will not be routable

to this route in this state. If the host is in the local SRV Server Groups configuration as an SRV name,

then the host will not undergo this check, because it resolves to a local SRV name. IP addresses always

pass this validation.

Regards,

Senthil

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Sorry CVP Version is 8.0

SIVANESAN R

SIVANESAN R

I know its configuration issue not supposed to have same route to  CUCM and Ingress G/W, But as i know CVP static route will always looks for  longest prefix and route the call accordingly.

SIVANESAN R

SIVANESAN R

Hi All - Even i checked SIP properties file in CVP, Where i can see below route in order.

8041>,idvgws.com

8041>,cucmcluster.com

Can anyone suggest, In which scenario CVP select route from Bottom ---> Top.

SIVANESAN R

SIVANESAN R

Dass Prakash R
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sivanesan,

You are right. In case, we have two Static Routes in CVP, the CVP will take only the first hit and it will not look for the second static route. (Have checked with Cisco CVP team).

Its surprising in your case.

I would like to know why are you routing agent extensions to Voice Gateway instead of CUCM. Can you briefly explain the call flow.

In case, you have implemented a comprehensive setup, you would need to have a SIP trunk between CVP and CCM

Thanks,

Dass

Please rate useful posts

Hi Dass,

Thanks for your reply.

1. We have Multisite - centralized Deployement with CVP SIP comprehensive call flow.

2. For Edge queueing we are using SIG Digits to route call to respective location for VXML Treatment and we have Ingress and VXML as seperate G/W.

Call Flow:

PSTN ---> Ingress ---> CVP ---> ICME

Once ICME repsonsd Connect MSG to CVP with Extn as 1XXX , We have below static route which is pointed to Ingress G/W.

8041>,idvgws.com

8041>,cucmcluster.com

In Ingress We have Dial-Peer which Points towards CUCM and we have SIP Trunk which retians SIG Digits and forwards the Four Digit Extn to CUCM for RTP.

In CVP - A we have only one route 8041>,idvgws.com and all the calls will route to CVP A as First Preference.

Unfortunately CVP A NIC goes down and all the calls were routed to CVP - B and calls were failing after VRU treatment.

When we analyzed the Logs, We came to know it's taken last route and routed the calls to CUCM, Since we don't have SIP Trunk in CUCM for CVP with proper configuration to retain Significant Digits, Calls were failed.

But i am wondering, How CVP - B taken route from Bottom --> TOP and routed calls to CUCM, I know its configuration issue not suppose to have but i  wanted to know why the Algorithnm was not acheived properly when we have same prefix length. (Top ---> Bottom)

------------------------------------------------------------------

The reason behind handling calls from Ingress instead of CVP, Suppose let's say we don't have DNS SRV option in CVP and we have Pattern (1XXX> CUCM PUB IP), If that particular node goes down CVP will not check alternate route even if we have same ( 1XXX> SUB IP).

But Incase of SRV records even first node goes down it will wait for SIP re-try invite and forward INVITE to second node in SRV Records.

Like same way we can also have multiple Dial-peer which points to PUB/SUB according to preference to achieve the same like SRV Records.

But in CVP 8.0 we have SRV Records option, but no idea why we are handling Agent Leg from Ingress ---> CUCM

SIVANESAN R

SIVANESAN R

Hello,

Do you use Sip Server Group Configuration or HostName ?  Below is the small snippet on Static Routes Validation from SRND. Did you have reachability from CVP B to VG ? Can you have a look at the Error logs for any Route disabled Notice.

Static Routes Validation:

The hostname or IP address of a static route is validated at startup and configuration deployment time

with a DNS lookup resolution. If the hostname does not resolve to an A record or an SRV record, then

the route is disabled and a notice is printed in the Unified CVP error log. The calls will not be routable

to this route in this state. If the host is in the local SRV Server Groups configuration as an SRV name,

then the host will not undergo this check, because it resolves to a local SRV name. IP addresses always

pass this validation.

Regards,

Senthil

Hi Senthil - If there is some problem in resolving service records, then how come calls routed to VG according below static route after we reomved the pattern pointing to CUCM.

8041>,idvgws.com

8041>,cucmcluster.com

We haven't modify/change SRV which is pointing to VG, As soon as we removed CUCM CVP started taking route as

8041>,idvgws.com and routed calls to respective G/W according to SRV records.

Also checked error logs not observed any error w.r.t SRV/static route for that particular time period.

SIVANESAN R

SIVANESAN R