cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP take back and transfer and ANI override

fzhang
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. We're building a contact center with UCCE and CVP 8.5. The call flow requires the call to be trasnferred out to an external 800# number and then transfer back for agent. Some calls will also need to be transferred out to third party companies when the contact center agent couldn't handle the call.  Now during all the transfer out and back into the call center we need to preserve the original caller ANI. We plan to use take back and transfer feature from CVP but I have two questions here.

1. If the initial main number coming into the call center is not  toll free but DID number, will CVP take back and transfer works with the carrier such as AT&T? I thought that only toll free number can support TNT but not DID.

2. Can CVP override ANI in above scenario as an alternative approach? What needs to be done on carrier or the destination party side for this feature?

Anyone has implemented a TNT or override ANI? Is there a document explaining how to do this?

Thanks a lot.

3 Replies 3

1. I've not seen TNT on DID lines, but this question is more for your carrier, they will know the answer for sure.  Also depending on how many transfers you're going to make this is going to be an expensive solution at TNT is not cheap.

2. No.  I think you can do it at the gateway, but not with CVP.

david

David, thanks for the reply. However my experience in the past is mostly on UCCE so I'm still a bit confused on CLI override. I thought ICM script now has a ECC variable that you can set (or a label with CLI=) and return to CVP so the voice gateway will be able to override CLI. My question is that:

1. So in my case which is a transfer out over PSTN to an external number, specifically, 911, does this still work?

2. The original design is to use TNT so the original caller ID will be passed to 911 but now if DID doesn't support TNT then in this transfer scenario can we use CLI override? In ICM script I set ECC variable to CLI=my original caller ID and voice gateway would be able to override ANI with this ECC value instead of otherwise the call manager extension number?

I did some research myself and still couldn't fully understand the scenario. I don't know if a transferring scenario is different from make an outbound call regarding to CLI override.

Thanks.

Kris Lambrechts
Level 1
Level 1

Couple of thoughs here :

1. As to whether TNT works with the specific lines you have, you'll need to work out with your telco as already advised, the ANI would probably be retained though given how it works;
  2. More importantly, TNT transfers won't do what you need, a TNT transfer releases the call from CVP's control. It is essentially a blind transfer, telling the ingress gateway to send some DTMF tones to your Service Provider asking them to pull the call back from your gateway. You'd then need 'the other destination' to send the call back to you when they're done and you'd lose call context even if they did ...
  3. What you really need then is a CVP controlled transfer, essentially CVP starts a new outgoing call to where you specify and through the Post Call survey feature or similar you could have the call re-enter your routing script when the remote call center is done;
  4. Probably worth mentioning : you would be billed for the outgoing call as it's originating from your gateway, I suppose special arrangements are possible there with telcos;
  5. I assume your goal is to present the customer's ANI to the 3rd party contact center, CVP will actually do that by default, i.e. the A number is preserved already;
  6. Bigger question will be : will your telco allow you to present the customer's ANI on a call that's coming out of your gateway, they typically configure some kind of CLID override, putting the ANI on your outgoing leg to one of your DID numbers to prevent you from spoofing your ANI, otherwise any prankster could pretend to be you ...

Cheers,

Kris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: