cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Database Element error after 9.0 to 10.5 upgrade

slhale
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading CVP / Call Studio from 9.0 to 10.5, a built in Database Element error occurs.

Application Error Log:

The error was: A built-in element encountered an exception of type com.audium.server.AudiumException.

There was a problem looking up the JNDI data source '[dbname]'.

The root cause was: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name custom is not bound in this Context

com.audium.server.AudiumException: A built-in element encountered an exception of type com.audium.server.AudiumException.

Are there any configuration modifications required to support the 10.5 upgrade for Database Element functions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Shawn,

Here is a simple how to doc I did for CVP Database config some time ago.

Review it and see if you are missing anything.

If it is a new installl you need to download and place te JDBC jar files in the correct location.

cisco:uc:cvp:jndi-cvp [Gerard O'Rourke]

Gerry

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

slhale
Level 1
Level 1

The C:\Cisco\CVP\VXMLServer\Tomcat\conf\context.xml file was reinstalled with the upgrade, so the DB info needed to be added again.

However, after adding the DB info, and restarting VXML services, the issue persists. Any suggestions?

Shawn,

Here is a simple how to doc I did for CVP Database config some time ago.

Review it and see if you are missing anything.

If it is a new installl you need to download and place te JDBC jar files in the correct location.

cisco:uc:cvp:jndi-cvp [Gerard O'Rourke]

Gerry

Thanks for the help Gerry.

I have the following files in place:

C:\Cisco\CVP\VXMLServer\common\lib\sqljdbc41.jar

C:\Cisco\CVP\VXMLServer\Tomcat\lib\sqljdbc41.jar

C:\Cisco\CVP\VXMLServer\Tomcat\conf\context.xml

(Context.xml is configured as such:)

<Context>

<!-- Default set of monitored resources -->

<WatchedResource>WEB-INF/web.xml</WatchedResource>

<Manager pathname="" />

<Resource

name="jdbc/zipcode"

type="javax.sql.DataSource"

user="********"

password="********"

driverClassName="com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver"

maxIdle="2"

maxWait="5000"

username="root"

url="jdbc:sqlserver://ICMDB1:1433;databaseName=Custom"

maxActive="4"

removeAbandoned="true"

removeAbandonedTimeout="5"

logAbandoned="true"      

/>

</Context>

It was working up until the upgrade, so it must be a configuration I’m missing.

Has the  database server been upgraded?

I notice its called ICMDB, but is it an ICM server etc.?

Anything on the CVP error logs?

I would try a wireshark on the server on port 1433, make a test call to the script which using database and see if anything is trying to get established to the DB.

Whats in the activity & error logs for a CVP app, which uses the database element?

Gerry

No DB server upgrade. The DB is on the ICM server.

It is currently working for the DB Lookups that we have configured in some custom code, just not for the built-in element.

CVP Error log is a generic "CVP VXML Server encountered an Application error"

The Application Error Log is posted above in my first post.

The Activity Log just says "element,error".

Shawn,

The issue is a tomcat / JDBC config issue and not directly related to CVP.

But I don't see where the problem is.

CVP 9 was tomcat 5.5, CVP 10.5 is tomcat 7.

So likely somewhere there is a difference and there is something else you need to do with default install...

But I not sure where. SOrry.

Might be something needed to be added to server.xml file.

Gerry

How were you able to resolve this issue. I am having similar problems. (CVP 11.6)

Caused by: com.audium.server.AudiumException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: "SQL Server did not return a response. The connection has been closed.".) at com.audium.server.action.database.DatabaseAction.doAction(DatabaseAction.java:367) at com.audium.server.voiceElement.ActionElementBase.service(ActionElementBase.java:390) ... 26 more Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: "SQL Server did not return a response. The connection has been closed.".) at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp2.BasicDataSource.createPoolableConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:2293) at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp2.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:2038) at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp2.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:1532) at com.audium.server.action.database.DatabaseAction.doAction(DatabaseAction.java:313) ... 27 more Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: "SQL Server did not return a response. The connection has been closed.". at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.terminate(SQLServerConnection.java:1352) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSChannel.enableSSL(IOBuffer.java:1533) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(SQLServerConnection.java:1042) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.login(SQLServerConnection.java:817) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(SQLServerConnection.java:700) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(SQLServerDriver.java:842) at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp2.DriverConnectionFactory.createConnection(DriverConnectionFactory.java:38) at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp2.PoolableConnectionFactory.makeObject(PoolableConnectionFactory.java:255) at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp2.BasicDataSource.validateConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:2303) at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp2.BasicDataSource.createPoolableConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:2289) ... 30 more Caused by: java.io.IOException: SQL Server did not return a response. The connection has been closed. at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSChannel$SSLHandshakeInputStream.ensureSSLPayload(IOBuffer.java:607) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSChannel$SSLHandshakeInputStream.readInternal(IOBuffer.java:664) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSChannel$SSLHandshakeInputStream.read(IOBuffer.java:656) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSChannel$ProxyInputStream.readInternal(IOBuffer.java:851) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSChannel$ProxyInputStream.read(IOBuffer.java:839) at sun.security.ssl.InputRecord.readFully(InputRecord.java:442) at sun.security.ssl.InputRecord.read(InputRecord.java:480) at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:946) at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1344) at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1371) at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1355) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSChannel.enableSSL(IOBuffer.java:1483) ... 38 more

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: