Views
Helpful
Replies

Datasource with SQL Server

jemima.spare
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to configure a Database Connection to a MS SQL 2008 Server from UCCX 8.02.

I've installed the "net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver" (jtds-1.2.5.jar)

I've configured a Data Source with the JDBC URL:  jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://<IPADDRESS>:1433/<DATABASENAME>

I've tried various variations but I always get the Error Message: "Test Connection Failed"

I've tried with DBVisualizer and it works fine.  I've tried the connection string from that and it fails as well.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

1 Reply 1

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

a few tips:

• SQL Server's default port is 1433, but it may be different. Try to modify your JDBC URL to NOT include the port (e.g. jdbc:jtds:sqlserver:///
  • Does the SQL server use the "Default" instance, or is there a named instance? For instance, if you need to use \ not just only when connecting to the SQL Server with your SQL Studio, your SQL Server uses a named instance, named . The correct JDBC URL would be jdbc:jtds:sqlserver:///;instance=
  • Are there any network related obstacles, like a firewall or a router in between?
  • Also, are there things like forced SSL on the SQL server? Here is a list of JTDS properties you may want to check and adjust the JDBC URL if necessary: http://jtds.sourceforge.net/faq.html#urlFormat

G.