cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Decommisioning an old CCE instance what do you do with the HDS?

I have a customer that has both an 11.x and 12.x CCE instance. We finally got everyone off the 11.x, but we don't want to get rid of the data just yet. My thinking is to leave a single AW/HDS behind and add a data source to the 12.x CUIC. However, what happens next? Do we then have to go migrate every 11.x report into CUIC and ensure it works? This just feels painful. I'm curious what others have done. Part of me just wants to say to just leave the VM running and we'll use SQL Studio if it's ever needed, but that just feels like the easy way out.

david

3 Replies 3

Hi David,
Why not run EDMT from 11.x to 12.x, keep the data (maybe on a new vm) in an SQL Server Instance wihtout HDS or whatever installed and add this one as a datasource ins CUIC. Then you do not have to worry (and I can hear your pain) about the Reports etc in CUIC. 

KR
Dennis

This is something that had not occurred to me and I kinda like it. However, as I think about this more. If the original 11.x or an EDMT data source gets added, every CUIC report we want needs to be touched because the data source is configured in the report. So I don’t see a way to get rid of that pain. What the EDMT solution provides is that the CUIC report modification would be minimal. So that’s a win.

Thank you.

david

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

Update the schema and make it an External HDS... especially useful for PCCE 2K where it'll be auto-discovered for the inventory and appear in the SPOG.