Views
Helpful
Replies

Deploying CVP VXML application Manually

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All,

I need to modify an existing VXML application on CVP but this was built manually not using call studio. How do I deploy this application manually after making the change. I have only ever used Call studio or OAMP to deploy VXML applications.

Any help is appreciated. Many thanks

Please rate all useful posts
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Igor Filatov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ayodeji.

I don't understand the scenario:

Do you have have a deployed and running application at CVP server and you want to modify it? In that case you just need to make a backup of app folder just in case, change the app and run updateApp.bat in %appname%\admin folder. 

View solution in original post

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

You don't need OAMP for that. You can easily deploy the VXML app manually like you need to in your scenario.

Just place the VXML app in the correct path (C:\Cisco\CVP\VXMLServer\applications) and then go into the application folder -> 'admin' (folder)

and just press on the deployApp.bat file, it will ask you "are you sure...?", so just write "y" and press Enter.

It will deploy the app and insert the app into the memory. 

OAMP doing the same as the above, but it is just doing it automatically for you in the background, nothing special.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Igor Filatov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ayodeji.

I don't understand the scenario:

Do you have have a deployed and running application at CVP server and you want to modify it? In that case you just need to make a backup of app folder just in case, change the app and run updateApp.bat in %appname%\admin folder. 

Hi Igor,

Yes I have a running application. So you are saying I can just modify the VXML elemeents/settings that I need to chane and run updateApp?

Out of curiosity how would you deploy a application manually without using call studio and OAMP?

Please rate all useful posts

So, do you need to modify current app or develop a new one?

In my experience I modified apps only (like if it is need to change REST links without updating all the services).

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

You don't need OAMP for that. You can easily deploy the VXML app manually like you need to in your scenario.

Just place the VXML app in the correct path (C:\Cisco\CVP\VXMLServer\applications) and then go into the application folder -> 'admin' (folder)

and just press on the deployApp.bat file, it will ask you "are you sure...?", so just write "y" and press Enter.

It will deploy the app and insert the app into the memory. 

OAMP doing the same as the above, but it is just doing it automatically for you in the background, nothing special.

Hi Slavik Bialik,

I got requirement to deploy vxml application using api. 

found a document regarding the same but its not clear for me. 

{
"vxmlapp":{
"servers": [
"https://10.64.82.5:8111/cvp-config/server/14b089ea-2eed-4fbb-b789-2fd838c422ef"
]
}
}

vxmlapp The ZIP file that contains the applications.

My doubt is where to mention the zip file name.? ( i am not using java) i am using postman api tool. 

Regards,

If you look here, they have a sample of a java code to execute what
you're after.

They explain "This server list body is passed as the first part of
multipart/form-data. The ZIP file that contains the applications is
attached as the second part"

They then show you the java code to do the multipart/form

|// Construct a MultiPart with two body parts byte vxmlContent[] =
readFile(); FormDataMultiPart formPart = new FormDataMultiPart();
formPart.field("vxmlapp", vxmlContent,
MediaType.APPLICATION_OCTET_STREAM_TYPE);
formPart.field("vxmlDeployConfig", requestString,
MediaType.APPLICATION_XML_TYPE);|

|Note that:
vxmlDeployconfig: the json string you had in your post
||vxmlapp: the zip file containing the app(s).|

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/customer-voice-portal/#!deploy-multiple-vxml-applications/deploy-multiple-vxml-applications

||
||