cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial Zero for operator without # UCCX script

Nishad Ismail
Level 1
Level 1

Auto Attendant  welcome message in UCCX Application for routing call to operator and extension is not working without # ,With 0# the call is routing properly 

Greeting :  " Welcome XYZ company ,If you know extension number please dail or else  press Zero operator assistance"

Extension length is 4 ,When press its going to operator extension

I have created CCX script for this using Get digit string .,But when press Zero without # the call condition becoming timeout ,I have tried changing the termination digit to None ,That also didn't helped . Customer not ready to change the Welcome message and they dont want press # 

I have attached the script ,Please advise 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Do it in two stages - 'get digit' with one digit collected.

Then if the first digit is 0, route immediately after collecting that digit.

If it is anyhing other than 0, do another 'get digit' to collect the next X digits, and append those to the first collected digit - then route the call to that destination.

That way if 0 is dialled it will go right away, and if they dial anything else they can use #

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Do it in two stages - 'get digit' with one digit collected.

Then if the first digit is 0, route immediately after collecting that digit.

If it is anyhing other than 0, do another 'get digit' to collect the next X digits, and append those to the first collected digit - then route the call to that destination.

That way if 0 is dialled it will go right away, and if they dial anything else they can use #

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

If they pressed the 4 digits immediately ,Means time taken for the call go to another "Get Digit" .

Is there any chances of missing the digits and call failure ?

If they press any digit, the first get digit step will process. Then the second one will process if they didn't press one. There is no 'immediately', things should happen in sequence.

Unless you set 'flush input butter' on the second 'get digit' step it won't lose input.

Aaron

Things started to work now

Big thanks to "Aron Harrison"

Hi Nishad

Glad you have it working :-) 

Aaron

Hello Nishad,

Iam facing the same issue- Does "0" and Dial by extn working? Reply plz

tnx

Bobby

Hello Bobby,

the solution works for me ,'get digit' option in two stages

Nishad KI

I have the same problem Please can you share your script