Views
Helpful
Replies

Displaying CSQ ID as caller on IP Phone

M Rinaldy Aulia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have 8 options menu on 1 Incoming UCCX Scripts that contains 8 CSQ (with different skill each CSQ).

The Problem is Agent need to know which CSQ that called.

We have Finesse as call center system, but Agent not always open Finesse on the screen, since they also using another application / window to works.

So is there any way to know which CSQ that called on IP Phone?

8 Replies 8

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
The only way I know to do this with native tools and features, is to use Finesse IP Phone Agent (FIPPA). This will remove the desktop Finesse from their workflow all together, and replace it, with a "light" version of Finesse which runs on the IP Phone. Then, FIPPA can in fact show CSQ names on the phone.

Then, to get creative with it, and this can really be as complex as you want to make it, you could actually use the script, just before the Connect step (if not using, you would have to use), to push some text to the Agent's phone. There are a few challenges here, but it's technically possible.

How comfortable are you with HTTP, APIs, and XML?

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately I'm not expert on any programming skills.

If it can't be done on UCCX, then I'll continue to explain it to my customer.

Thank you so much for your time & reply :)

Ok, yeah, so Finesse IP Phone Agent is away to do it, and since the Agents do not seem to utilze Finesse in the browser, this might be an alternative solution.

There are a couple of ways of displaying the queue name on the Agents phone.

I have posted one of them on GitHub

https://github.com/CCXSample/CCX-Queue-Name-on-Agent-Phone

This is all done in CCX scripting but only works on some phone models so make sure you read the pdf before trying it.

Graham

This is precisely what I was referring to. I didn't know you had a solution ready to go. That's pretty cool.

A couple of things:

1. Could you cache the phone IP so you don't have to query CUCM for it every call?
2. Could you use an IP Phone feature which is supported on more phones (e.g. CiscoIPPhoneText)?

Hi Antony

You are correct that you could cache the phone IP address. You also have the agent extension  so you could save the phone IP as session data using the using the agent extension to create a session key.

The problem of which IP phone command to use is more complex. I did spend a bit of time looking into other commands and things like CiscoIPPhoneText only work if you in the service menu. You also need a command that will action when the phone is ringing.

I have never managed to deploy this with a customer as the ones that want to know the queue name did not have a phone with graphics capability. So I fear this is going to be limited to an interesting thing to show on your lab.

I did develop another way of getting the queue name on to the phone. This second method needs an external IIS server but I do think it should work on any phone.

I will post this second method but I need to write it up.

Graham

Ah yeah, the old "Proof of concept which collects dust on the shelf" scenario. Been there many times my friend.

Hi Graham,

Thank you so much for your advice.

I'll try it