cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does the TZ parameter get correct time zone for normal time period or day light saving period

matthewik.lee
Level 1
Level 1

Dear sir,

I use TZ[America/Los_Angeles] to get time zone for the step "Time of Day". I am not sure if TZ parameter will get time zone automatically when day light saving period or normal period. 

Thanks. Matthew

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

The TZ[] is a lot smarter than it looks at first glance. It's leveraging the underpinning Java java.utils.TimeZone class and the Time of Day (or Day of Week, including accounting for the International Date Line) step will behave as if the server were actually in US PST, including DST support.

View solution in original post

Thank you Jonathan for this great info, +5.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It will, it simply uses the server time and then converts to appropriate time zone as defined in script, etc. 

Hi Chris,

Our UCCX server is in Hong Kong, and use script TZ[America/Los_Angeles] may get *correct* time for day light savings period or normal period in America.

Thanks Matthew

That is a very good question and never though about it this way, honestly I don't know the answer, my first instinct tells me it would not work properly as the TZ is simply an hourly off-set, but I might be wrong.

The TZ[] is a lot smarter than it looks at first glance. It's leveraging the underpinning Java java.utils.TimeZone class and the Time of Day (or Day of Week, including accounting for the International Date Line) step will behave as if the server were actually in US PST, including DST support.

Thank you Jonathan for this great info, +5.