cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does UCCX 11+ miss some Cisco Desktop Administration features?

Marek Vrabel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm "playing" with a new multichannel (voice, email, chat) UCCX ver 11.6.

In previous releases (ver. <10.6) there was a dropdown menu with options and one of the option was Cisco Desktop Administration.

In the newest UCCX (ver. 11.6) I cannot find some configurations, that have been in UCCX  (ver. <10.6) Agent E-Mail Settings > Contact Service Queue Settings.

For example: "Automatic Response", "Forwarding Address for Deleted E-Mails"

Where can I find these configurations on UCCX 11, please?

Thank you,

MV

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
CAD/CSD no longer exist in CCX 11.0(1) - read the release notes. This includes all of the server-side components that pertained to those clients. Email/chat is now run on separate SocialMiner virtual machine placed in the DMZ and then integrated with CCX. Configuration for email is split between the SocialMiner admin UI and the CCX /appadmin > Subsystem menu.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_11_6/design/guide/uccx_b_uccx-solution-design-guide/uccx_b_uccx-solution-design-guide_chapter_011.html#concept_F26B7EB672BB0D627893BBB60D4EFA55

PS- If you’re going to use Finesse email or chat I highly recommend using CCX 11.6. Those features have been maturing over the last few minor releases.

Hello Jonathan,

you are right, but in 11.6 we are missing a lot of useful features available in 10.5. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_6/user/guide/cadx106-desktop-admin-user-guide.pdf

(see page 211) For example

- send responses using email address

- send automatic response

- review CSQ 

and many more...

This is not available in newer version UCCX 11.6 in Subsystems - Chat and Email.

I am confused.

Finesse does not and will not have feature parity to CAD/CSD. Of the three things you cited, the first shouldn't be an issue because each email CSQ is now a separate email account; replies will be sent from that account's email address.

Hello,

I understand, Finesse will not have 100% feature parity to CAD/CSD, but some of the features (for example: sending automatic response to customer, forwarding deleted emails to configured email...) are the features, why customers have decided to use UCCX Email channel.

In my opinion, the auto-response feature wasn't a good experience because - unlike a CRM (e.g. Salesforce, ZenDesk, etc.) - CCX lacks any case management or email thread correlation. Every single email sent by a customer, including follow-up replies as simple as "Thanks!" resulted in an auto-response. Spam, which is likely to result in bounce back email if replied to, would also be problematic since the bounce back itself could trigger an auto response, possibly even an infinite loop. I encouraged CAD Agent Email customers not to use it and focus on a meaningful response from an agent to the customer.

On the topic of a review CSQ: I have been advocating better integration to Quality Management systems for both chat and email so they can be reviewed, scored, and measured the same way a call would. Whatever API allowed this would also conceivably allow the QM application to archive the email/chat as they do with call records today. Again, in my opinion, this would be a better experience and a better use of development time/money than re-implementing the review CSQ from CAD Agent Email. Thus far, my suggestion has yet to be incorporated into the product though.

If the customer wants the product to change they need to speak with their Cisco AM and articulate the functional shortcomings they feel are blocking a transition to Finesse. A business case explaining the monetary value is the only thing that I have seen successfully influence the product roadmap. I'm not a Cisco employee and even if I were, the support forums have no influence over the product roadmap.