Views
Helpful
Replies

EIM v4.3(1) - Application server fail to start in distributed environment

lohjintiam
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I'm setting up a distributed 5-server architecture with dedicated server for all the components except sharing the same server for File & Messaging. It was deployed using domain account and Windows authentcation for SQL. I encountered the following error while trying to start the services. The service will attempt to start the jboss first but failed causing the rest of the components not to start (no logs generated for App, DSM, ServerMonitor, etc)

ERROR [STDERR] [Fatal Error] egpl_log4j.xml:155:30: Element type "param" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".

ERROR [STDERR] Exception parsing the configuration file : g:\eService\config/egpl_log4j.xml

ERROR [STDERR] Exception : Element type "param" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".

ERROR [STDERR] com.egain.platform.util.exception.XMLDocumentParseException: Exception parsing the configuration file : g:\eService\config/egpl_log4j.xml

ERROR [STDERR] at com.egain.platform.util.XMLParseUtil.getDocument(XMLParseUtil.java:83)

It is working fine when i tried to setup them up in a single server architecture using localuser and sql authentication.

Any ideas? Thanks!

-JT-

1 Reply 1

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I have built "split systems" for EIM - Database server, File/Messaging/Services/Application server, additional Application server (120 agent per App Server limit) and have not had any issues. I never use Windows Authentication for SQL. Why don't you switch it?

Regards,

Geoff