cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

End user ivr selection confirmation

paullepper
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a script or method that once an end user calls in and makes their selection the system asks the end users to confirm their selection.  Example, end user calls in and selects option 1.  The options would be the state county they live in. The system then would ask the end users if option 1 (the county name) was correct, yes or no, before routing the call. If incorrect, it goes back to the main menu.  I can figure the menus out, I'm not sure how to script the selection made and having it play the option back.  Not sure if a database manner would be best for this type of option or not.  Thanks

3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I'm a little confused about your request, as it would seem pretty trivial to do what you're asking for, and so I think I might be missing your actual ask.

Do you already have the audio recording in place to say the county name? Or do you need to dynamically generate it?

Currently we are using unity connection for menu options.  The public is provided an 800 number that routes to the menu option.  Each menu goes to a mailbox.  What is happening is the public is just pressing a menu number and either they are not listing to the options or may have hit the wrong option.  Someone asked me about using uccx, create the menu options and once the option is selected it would identify back to the user the option selected to confirm before sending them to the mailbox. 

Example:

Menu options would be press 1 for red, press 2 for green and so forth.  When caller selects option, then uccx would recognize that option 2 was selected and respond back you have selected green.  Press 1 to confirm or 2 to make different selection.  Pressing 1 would then route the caller to the mailbox, option 2 return to main menu.

Looking for ways on customer service.  I believe there will be many recording or wave files that will need to be created.  I hope that helps

Yes, that does help.  Ok, so yes, you'll need some wav files.

E.g.,  Using your color analogy:

Label Main Menu:
Menu (colorselection.wav)
Option 1
Set color = red.wav
Set mailbox = 1000
Option 2
Set color = green.wav
Set mailbox = 2000
Option 3
Set color = blue.wav
Set mailbox = 3000
Menu (youchose.wav + color + press1toconfirm2tochange.wav)
Option 1
Goto Send to VoiceMail
Option 2
Goto Main Menu
Label Send to VoiceMail:
Call Redirect (to voicemail_pilot, destination is mailbox)
Successful
Mark Call as Handled
End

Do you have experience writing UCCX scripts?