cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

enterprise call info/CSQ Name appear as clid on Cti port number

Carl Messer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I was wondering if anybody knew how to make custom text appear on the agents phone when it is ringing rather than just the Cti port number. I have the enterprise call info working and have it showing on the cad software but would like it to appear on their phone when ringing. I would settle for the csq name but would rather my enterprise call info.

Thanks

Carl

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The only way to do it is to create separate Call Control Group (i.e. CTI Ports) per-application/trigger and set the Alerting/Display name on them. This forces you to define a set quantity of ports per-application instead of having one big pool available to the whole system though. It also means you need to have roughly a 1:1 correlation between CSQs and applications/triggers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hello,

I know this post is quite old. But I configured the Alerting name correctly and it doesn't appear as it should.

Anythink to reset or update before change takes effect?

thanks

------- have a look to my blog lgrconsulting.com

Same here.  Set the ASCII Alerting Name and Alerting Name field on all CTI ports and reset all of them.  CUCM 8.6(2a)SU2 and CCX 8.5(1)SU3.

It sounds like you did the changes in CUCM.

You need to make the changes in UCCX on the Call Control Group.  The two fields you're looking for are:

• Alerting Name ASCII
  • Display

The difference being whether or not you're calling into the system, or receiving a call from it.  Once you make the change within UCCX, UCCX itself will reset the ports to have the changes take affect.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.