cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enterprise Data Screen Pop

pingaunis
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get a Simple name to display along with DNIS and ANI when a call comes to CAD Agent. I have seen an example (http://www.cisco.com/image/gif/paws/46023/QA-SetupScreenPOP.pdf) of how to do this using Set Enterprise Data Step. I try setting the Select Resource properties to have connect as No but keep getting an error:

Capture.JPG

Any ideas?

UCCX Premium Version: 8.0.2.11005-20

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you select Connect = No, then you need to specify the User variable in the last field: Selected Resource.  This is a variable you would have created of type User.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you select Connect = No, then you need to specify the User variable in the last field: Selected Resource.  This is a variable you would have created of type User.

Anthony Holloway

Thanks Anthony that was a big help!

I am new to this, but how do you get the name to show?

I have 30 customer which I want to match the number to customer name and then display to CAD.

thanks

Not Sure if Anthony can answer your question. I'm failrly new also. We are displaying a name based on the application being called. It sounds like you need to do a data base dip with the customer number so it can return a name.

Derrick Shumake wrote:

I am new to this, but how do you get the name to show?

This is a wide open question but I assume you mean to ask: How do you display the customer name in CAD enterprise data?

Derrick Shumake wrote:

I have 30 customer which I want to match the number to customer name and then display to CAD.

You would first need to decide where you will store this number to name mapping.  If you don't already have a solution in place or in mind, allow me to suggest using a HashMap.  It's perfect for this type of lookup.

Variables

java.util.HashMap customers = {      java.util.HashMap m = new java.util.HashMap();      m.put("1000", "ABC Company");      m.put("2000", "XYZ Company");      return m; }

String calling_number = ""

String customer_name = ""

String enterprise_layout = "test_layout"

Script

Start

Accept (--Triggering Contact--)

calling_number = Get Call Contact Info (--Triggering Contact--, Calling Number)

If (customers.containsKey(calling_number))

True

Set customer_name = customers.get(calling_number)

False

Set customer_name = "Unknown"

/* Set the customer name Enterprise Field and choose the layout */

Set Enterprise Call Info (--Triggering Contact--) Variables Used:customer_name, enterprise_layout

...the rest of your script: prompts, menus, select resource, etc....

End

A couple of things to note:

• You need to use Cisco Desktop Administrator to create a new Enterprise Data Field and call it customer_name
  • You need to either modify the default layout or create a new one: I opted for the new one in my example and called it test_layout
    • Your layout in either case needs to contain the new Enterprise Field called customer_name
  • You need to add your 30 customer records to the hashmap
    • If you need this data available to multiple scripts you could turn it into a subflow and have all of the scripts reference it, otherwise you're looking at a centralized data repository such as the document repository or off box DB

Anthony Holloway

this is what I am looking for.  but can you show the exact steps to add the java stuff.

its not taken none of my comands. 

its hard when your new to this.

thanks

You mean like this?

uccx-ent-step1.png

1. Click the Add New variable button
  2. Type in: java.util.HashMap
  3. Type in: customers
  4. Click the expression editor button
  5. Type in:
    {
         java.util.HashMap m = new java.util.HashMap();
         m.put("1000", "ABC Company");
         m.put("2000", "XYZ Company");
         return m;
    }
  6. Click OK on the expression editor
  7. Click OK on the new variable window

Anthony Holloway

This was a great post

thanks for all your help.+5

Derrick Shumake wrote:

This was a great post

thanks for all your help.+5

Thank you for the positive feedback.  I'm glad you got what you needed.

Anthony Holloway

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: