Views
Helpful
Replies

Event for unanswered calls

JU_Developer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco Finesse integration used to handling in- and outbound calls. But I ran into an issue.
If I make an outbound call to a cellphone, and the user does not answer, or declines the call - I don't get an event I can hook up on, and my call ends up hanging in the client.

However, if I make an outbound call, that the user answers, and afterwards hangs up on the phone - Then I do get an event, which I use to end the call in the client - I would like to be able to do this as well, if the call is either declined or unanswered, is this possible?

Kind regards

7 Replies 7

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This should not be the case that you do not get an event if the user doesn't answer or declines. Finesse should be sending a dialog event with a participant state for your user that it is DROPPED. I'd take a look at the Finesse webservices logs to see if Finesse is sending this event. If it is, could it be that your integration is expecting something else? If it is not, do you see CTI sending an event to Finesse? If you do not see CTI sending Finesse an event, then this needs to be debugged on a CTI level.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi,

I tried using the Jabber setup we have at our disposal, to see if I get an event there.
If I call out from Jabber1 to Jabber2, and reject the call on Jabber2, I can see that Jabber1 goes from "calling" to "Voicemail", So I guess there is an event that tells Jabber1 that the call is rejected, and gives the possibility to leave a voicemail.

However, when I use my client, I don't get that event - The call will just keep hanging in my client, and I can't see any events in my log.

Kind regards,
Jens 

Hi Jens,

When you say "I can't see any events in my log", is that logs on your client side or logs on the Finesse side? You need to take a look at the Finesse webservices logs to see if Finesse is receiving an event from the CTI. You can get the logs by using the CLI file get activelog desktop recurs compresshttps://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#!log-collection-log-collection 

If you would like 1 on 1 help and for us to take a look at your logs, you can purchase/open a ticket here: https://developer.cisco.com/site/support/ But, as I stated in my previous reply, if Finesse is not receiving an event from the CTI, you will have to dig deeper on the CTI side and unfortunately DevNet does not provide support for the CTI side.

Thanx,

Denise

I have seen this also - when we dial out on the customer's system, we will not receive any events for our extension if the called party (external number) either rejects or ignores the call.

I would expect to see an event where the called participant has either status DROPPED or possibly FAILED or maybe an ACTIVE in case we're sent to his/her voicemail. If the called party answers the call and then hangs up, we get a nice event where the called party's status is DROPPED, so I wonder why we don't see something similar for an ignored or rejected call.

Is there a configuration option in Finesse that needs to be changed? Is there a log where we can see why we don't get these events (if we were supposed to get them)?

If we should not expect to see an event in case of the called party rejecting or ignoring the call, is there any other way to detect this?

I seem to remember having seen on the lab environment (12.0), that if you call from one Jabber to another, and the called party rejects the call, that the other Jabber will still show the call as active (but sent to voice mail). 

Hi,

I would expect to see an event where the called participant has either status DROPPED or possibly FAILED or maybe an ACTIVE in case we're sent to his/her voicemail.

That would be the correct behavior that there is an event when the person rejects the call. 

Is there a configuration option in Finesse that needs to be changed?

The configuration wouldn't be on the Finesse side, but honestly I don't think this is a configuration thing. I'd think that by design, an event should be sent to "end" the call for the other parties on the call.

Is there a log where we can see why we don't get these events (if we were supposed to get them)?

The first step is to see if CTI is sending any events to Finesse via the Finesse webservices logs. If CTI is not sending an event, you would need to go to the CTI Server logs on CCE/CCX (MIVR in this case) to see why an event is not being sent.

If we should not expect to see an event in case of the called party rejecting or ignoring the call, is there any other way to detect this?

In my opinion, there should be an event. Has anyone tried this scenario using the Finesse out of the box desktop? Does the call get removed from the UI or does it hang like your client application. If it does get removed from the UI, you might want to take a look at the client logs and the browser's debugger console to see what is different between the UI and your client application.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

I have tried, using the Unified Contact Center Express 12.0 on DevNet Sandbox, where I called internally between two jabber stations.
If I call from Jabber 1, to Jabber 2, and Decline the call on Jabber 2, I can see that on Jabber 1, the call will give go to Voicemail, indicating that there is an event that is fired.

However, when I use the integration with my own client, I do not get a similar event, and something odd is happening.
If I call out from my client, to my cell phone, and I let it ring, it will take roughly 3 minutes, and then my client will end the call, resulting in two events, both a Dropped, and a Failed.

If I call out from my client, and decline the call on my cell phone. Then in roughly 1 minute, I get the two events. The main difference here though, is that now I get a StateCause = Busy, in all other cases, this is empty. Is there an event I can hook up on, which gives me the StateCause? As in this case, I first get the event around a minute after the event should have happened.

Thanks

Hi,

Internal calls are handled differently than external calls and the system has more information to provide quickly.

>If I call out from my client, and decline the call on my cell phone. Then in roughly 1 minute, I get the two events.

Ok, so it isn't that you aren't getting events in this scenario, but it is the fact that you get it 1 minute later.

> Is there an event I can hook up on, which gives me the StateCause?

I don't quite understand this question. Didn't you say you were getting a stateCause of busy?

> As in this case, I first get the event around a minute after the event should have happened.

Take a look at the CTI logs (MIVR in the case of CCX) and see when CTI receives the information that the call got declined and when CTI sends the event to Finesse that it got declined. Is Finesse getting this information from the CTI 1 min after the actual event took place? Is CTI getting it 1 min after the actual event took place? If CTI got it 1 min later, you will need to go even lower and take a look at CUCM.

Thanx,

Denise