Views
Helpful
Replies

Export email in Cisco ECE

Essam Butt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know if its possible to export an email in Cisco ECE and save it locally on a disk?

Our requirement is to export the complete customer email as-is and attach it to SAP application for another dept. to approve/verify it. If this can be achieved in any other way please do let me know.

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

Essma,

There's no good way to do this and I'm really surprised that Cisco did not implement this into ECE. In eGain Solve, you can print out of just about any window pane. I havent had an opportunity to play around with ECE 11.6, but I don't see anything about printing in the release notes. I think you're only option would be to print to PDF from the browser... not ideal, obviously. 

My understanding is that ECE, being an eGain engine underneath, works like eGain and the complete email is saved in the database. Any attachments are saved as files with a pointer that is stored in the database.

So rather than tackling this at the agent level, you could tackle this at the database level.

Regards,
Geoff

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Its an old thread but putting in some details which may be helpful to others:

ECE 11.6 ES12 has a print button when you search for activity and it will give you print of entire communication:

piyushaghera_0-1675288155044.png

Secondly, its difficult to get this from database for two reasons:

• activity body are stored in an individual email format, you can save only one email body per query
  • attachments are stored as binary format in SQL, so you cant convert it back to original file outside ECE, without any other external help

Thanks.

BLOG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: