mleboeuf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the following:

CUCM  12.5.1.11900-146

UCCX 12.0.1.10000-24 (ES03-36)

IM&P 12.5.1.11900-117

The chat in Finesse desktop is working when we had a user manually, i.e entering the user@domain in the search field.  But if we want to do a LDAP directory search, we get "Directory Search is not enabled".

I have configured the Third-Party LDAP Servers and Third-Party LDAP Settings in my IM&P servers.  I have configured the same servers/settings used in my CUCM, which is working.

I have no firewalls between all my servers.

Any clues why the server is telling me that the Directory Search is not enabled?

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Hi, 

• Ensure that the directory service is running on the IM and P server
  • Try again after restarting the directory services and XCP router services. 

Also, please refer to the following doc and cross verify the steps.   Configure Finesse 12.0 Agent to Agent Chat - Cisco 

Regards, 

Hello Shalid,

Thank you for your response.  I already tried restarting the services and all the steps have been followed to configure the chat.

Is there a way to verify that the server goes indeed to the LDAP servers and that my configuration in LDAP settings is ok?  The only doubt I have is with the "base context".  I entered the same string that I used with CUCM to import users.  It looks like this:

OU=Active,OU=Users,OU=E19-CC,DC=org,DC=qc,DC=ca

In the docs and the exemple shows:  cn=Users,dc=voice11,dc=tac

Thank you!

Hello,

did you solve the issue?

hi there

Wondering if you are using any filters. If then, you must be hitting this

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvx54818

Symptom: IM&P Admin >> Application >> Third-Party Clients >> Third-Party LDAP Settings: Q: Setting 'User Attribute' to 'mail', enabling vCards, and setting the 'LDAP attribute to use for vCard FN' to 'displayName' produced a search and contact display of , e.g., 'John Smith | john.smith@customer.com'. So is it | ? Is that how it's mapping out and displaying here? Ans: IMP for directory resolution via finesse does append the user attribute at the end of the LDAP attribute; so it is . Therefore, in this case, LDAP Attribute = vCard FN (displayName in this case) and User Attribute = mail. Thus we get .

Conditions: Customer unable to apply LDAP filter under IMP XMPP Third-Party LDAP Settings.

Workaround: None; Need an enhancement request.

Further Problem Description: IMP 12.5.1SU3

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution"***

Hello,

no filters used.