Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse 12 tab icon - badges?

In Finesse 12, the UI has a stack of tab icons on the left that allow paging between various tabs.  Each tab has an associated icon, and I'm wondering if there's a mechanism to put alert badges on the icons to indicate that the tab wants some attention due to activity of which the agent may be unaware.  Sorta like badges in iOS apps?

If so, what would be the API for this from within the gadget?

1 Reply 1

losekhar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In Finesse 12.6.2- There is an api to show a badge on the right-top position of a left nav tab icon. The badge here is just a red dot icon as shown in the attached screenshot.

Note: The badge appears for the specific nav tab only if it is inactive I.e., agent is active on some other tab. Also, the badge will disappear as soon as the agent clicks on that nav tab.

API Info:

Within the gadget- make sure you import “/desktop/assets/js/finesse.min.js” and invoke the below api.

window.finesse.utilities.Utilities.sendMessage({

gadgetId: window.finesse.containerservices.ContainerServices.getMyTabId(),

type: 'ccbu.shownotificationicon'

});

You can replace window.finesse.containerservices.ContainerServices.getMyTabId() with any nav tab id(type: String) to show badge. The tab id that is given in gadgetId property will show red dot icon(if tab is inactive).

I have also attached a sample 3rdparty gadget xml to test this badge behaviour. This 3rdparty gadget will render one text input field and a button. You can mention the tab id in the input field and click on show badget button.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: