cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Agent Training Scenario

Susan Napier
Level 1
Level 1

A customer has asked if it is possible to deliver one call to two separate agents at the same time.  They want to be able to do this to support their on the job training plan.  The agents will not be in the same office location so using a splitter on a headset will not work.  UCCE 11.6 currently but upgrading to 12.6 soon.

6 Replies 6

Not possible how you're thinking about it. One option without a ton of work would be to make the trainees supervisors and allow them to silent monitor the experienced agents. If you have Calabrio or Verint historical recordings would work too.

david

Another low effort option in addition to the good ones that @david.macias noted is also to have a "listening party" where one supervisor listens to calls on a Webex with the new agents. This way the supervisor can call out good/bad points on the call with the new agents.

LOL had never thought about that, it is a pretty good idea too. Everyone can then listen to the same call and get the same feedback/coaching.

david

I'm not just a pretty face, LOL (I'm definitely not that either).
They have also done it where that "listening party" was recorded as well.
For instance, scenario is customer doesn't have a Verint or Witness, but they have something like Webex were they can record the conference call with the supervisors and the new agents. So after the listening party is over, that recording is used to help bring new agents up to speed on good/bad/typical calls.

Susan Napier
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks everyone.  They really want both agents to actively participate in the call rather than just listening.  They want the trainee to greet the caller and handle the verification steps then the experienced agent would step in to service the caller.  Because they are worried about First Call Resolution, they do not want to transfer the caller to the experienced agent.  This piece of their training was easy when both agents were sitting in the same location and could use a headset splitter but in our hybrid work from home environment it's become a challenge.  I did set the expectation that this was probably not possible so thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.

So if you go down the supervisor silent monitor route, the "supervisor" can barge in and create a 3 way call. It's not instantaneous, but could do what you're after. Ultimately, I don't think there's a good solution for what you're after.

david