cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Agent Desktop - Queue Switching

jasontwhite
Level 1
Level 1

I have a call center who is requesting the ability for their agents to switch the CSQ on the fly from Finesse desktop.  The call center has bilingual agents who may be working project work or a high volume CSQ.  If a supervisor is not available, the call center wants the agents to have the ability to select a CSQ from a drop down on Finesse desktop.  Is this possible?  Is this something that would be available only in UCCE?  Thank you!

UCCX 11.6.2.10000-38

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
This is not a standard feature of UCCX+Finesse, however, it could be a customization to the desktop. Are you able to code something yourself, or do you employee developers who could do the customization?

You would need to know:
1) How to leverage 3rd party gadgets (requires knowledge of HTML, XML and JavaScript)
2) How to use the UCCX Admin API (requires knowledge of HTTP and XML and/or JSON)

I should also point out that in the past, some people have suggested making all Agents supervisors, so they can login to /appadmin and reskill themselves. This doesn't work very well for a few reasons, but primarily because there exist a limitation on how many supervisors the system can have, and it's way less than the number of agents.

I should also point out that in UCCX 12.x, supervisors can now temporarily reassign agents to different CSQs right from inside of Finesse (if you enable that feature), however, this doesn't help you, because this feature is not available to agents. I did want to point it out, since the topic is related, and this makes it obvious that the technology you seek is possible, just not default behavior.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

garry.engle
Level 1
Level 1

I've had this problem too and don't think I've found the best solution. What I did was have the supervisor send me a list and I just modified the skill assignment for the day. (I understand that's not scalable.) 

I think another work-around could be lowering the skill level of your agents with multiple skills. This would work by making those agents lower priority in your main CSQ's but they would still be able to receive those calls in the specialized CSQ's.

If there's a better solution, that'll be great to learn.

Thanks

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
This is not a standard feature of UCCX+Finesse, however, it could be a customization to the desktop. Are you able to code something yourself, or do you employee developers who could do the customization?

You would need to know:
1) How to leverage 3rd party gadgets (requires knowledge of HTML, XML and JavaScript)
2) How to use the UCCX Admin API (requires knowledge of HTTP and XML and/or JSON)

I should also point out that in the past, some people have suggested making all Agents supervisors, so they can login to /appadmin and reskill themselves. This doesn't work very well for a few reasons, but primarily because there exist a limitation on how many supervisors the system can have, and it's way less than the number of agents.

I should also point out that in UCCX 12.x, supervisors can now temporarily reassign agents to different CSQs right from inside of Finesse (if you enable that feature), however, this doesn't help you, because this feature is not available to agents. I did want to point it out, since the topic is related, and this makes it obvious that the technology you seek is possible, just not default behavior.

Hi Anthony, out of interest how do you enable Supervisors to set a temp CSQ reassignment from within Finesse?

Hi, 

In 12.x , you have an option queue management. This has to be enable by the administrator to individual supervisors. Once it enabled , the supervisors can shuffle  agents between the CSQ’s. The agents get assigned to CSQ with skill level configured in the respective CSQ’s.

Tools >> User management >> Supervisor capability view

regards, 

Thanks for comment. You solved an issue I had.

Enrique