cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Call Control Customization

Mohamed Salim
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to develop a customized phone book integrated with the Finesse call control but seeing the functionality it seems I will end up recreating the Call Control Gadget and integrating with the custom Phone book.

Any suggestion, of using out of box Finesse call control gadget with custom Phone Book ?

4 Replies 4

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I might be wrong, but every time someone asks to modify the behavior of the default call control gadget, the answer is always the same: you cannot. Maybe someone else will come along and correct me, but I'm afraid that might not happen. Sorry!

Finesse provides these JavaScript API, do you think we cannot use this to develop custom call control gadget ?

Yes, I do think you could replace the call control gadget entirely. You might even be able to make it look like the stock gadget, so that it would fool the casual observer into thinking it was the stock gadget. Good luck!

I accept your feedback, I am really afraid of recreating the stock call control gadget ending up creating a new Agent desktop :)

If they expose stock Call Control gadget code, customer can take it forward customization as per their requirement. Not sure if you agree to my point.

Let us wait until Cisco Finesse Expert advice on this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: