Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse desktop icons

pvarenholt
Level 5
Level 5

We are preparing to deploy Finesse.

We have our side A and B geographically spread across the country.

We are trying to find a simplistic way to drop a single icon on the desktop as opposed to 2 as from what i understand if side A is primary for a user  and it goes down the user will need side B URL in order to login where if logged in fail over is handled by IE and the Finesse application automatically.

Just trying to simplfy this for the end users.

if anyone can provide some direction or pointers on how to simplify this with only using one icon/shortcut that would be helpful.

Thanks,

Paul.

1 Reply 1

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What version of Finesse are you using?

I think you already understand the way it works, but I will summarize just in case I misread your message. Here are the possible scenarios (I am assuming you have 11.0 and above):

• Side A is down. User goes to side A agent desktop to log in. User will need to click the side B shortcut to log in.
  • User is logged into side A agent desktop. Side A goes down. The desktop will automatically reroute the agent to side B.

As for having one shortcut, I would think that you can write a script to check if side A's status. If it is up, open that url. If it is down, open the side B url. Then, if both is down, you don't really have a choice, so might need to just open up a non-working side A or something like that.

Thanx,

Denise