cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse logs users to Not Ready every 30 minutes

liquid5ky
Level 1
Level 1

We have 15 users of UCCX based Finesse using Google Chrome. About every 30 minutes, users are put into ‘Not Ready’ where they are dropped out of the Agent queue. They must manually change their status back to ‘Ready’ status when they realize this. This happens without any notification or warning and users are unaware when this happens until they notice the status change. 

We and TAC have not been able to find a root cause. As part of troubleshooting, we have explored different browsers, IP Communicator, Jabber and reviewed out network and architecture. To date the issue continues.

I came across the following article, but there is no mention of the solution:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/chrome-is-killing-me-need-some-finesse-help-please/td-p/4659552

I appreciate any information on this. Thanks

8 Replies 8

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the Not Ready reason code when this happens?

I had this happen to a customer, but I can't find the info on the bug id. I believe it has been addressed with the combination of the most recent SU and ES patches.

liquid5ky
Level 1
Level 1

We are evaluating adding Finesse URLs in "Never put these sites to sleep" (Edge) and chrome://Discards (Chrome). 

liquid5ky
Level 1
Level 1

The issue is still continuing. We are considering upgrading to 12.5.1 from 12.0.1. 

@Jonathan Schulenberg We worked with Cisco TAC, but they were not able to find a reason code that matched incident times. We uploaded "Agent Not ready Reason code summary reports","Agent state Detail Report". if you have another log I can check, please suggest.

We moved users from Jabber to IP phones, to physical phones. Additionally TAC (on their volition), reinstalled the uccx application in our datacenter and DR location. Just to round things out, we also evaluated Firefox browser. In every case the issue recurred. Our network team verified that latency was minimal and well within 400ms. my two cents, we have not found a root cause. I would like to identify the issue if possible. Will update as we continue this journey.

When you tried it with Firefox, did you make sure to try it with the ESR version, not the regular version? That is often overlooked and is what is in the compatibility matrix. Sorry that you are having such an issue, that is very frustrating.

liquid5ky
Level 1
Level 1

@bill.king1. We are not (yet) using ESR versions. That is a great idea and I suggested that to the helpdesk team. 

Cisco concluded that the issues are being caused by a bug without a fix in 12.0. This bug is resolved in 12.5. Additionally, 12 will no longer be supported as of August 2023. So, we are strongly urged to upgrade. Hopefully it's resolved in 12.5.

We found that restarting the servers twice a week (off hours), improves performance and has drastically reduced reported incident calls. This is not a solution, but it resolves the immediate issues.

@Jonathan Schulenberg , @Elliot Dierksen , @bill.king1 Thank you for the feedback

Hi, thank you for sharing, can you provide the defect/bug ID in case anyone else runs into it? And is it only for UCCX or CCE as well?