cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

finesse NonGadget-how to correlate REST request with notification

wli6
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am making custom webapp using finesse NonGadget sample, i get stuck in the below situations:

when agent is ready, i send out a logout request to finesse server using REST api, the server's response is 202,

and the response doesn't contain info about whether this logout action is valid or not, and then i get a notification from finesse notification server, it says my logout action is invalid but in this notification there is no unique id which i can use to match my logout request, so i need to know how to correlate the logout request with the notification using finesse NonGadget api, thanks a lot.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is no example in the Dev guide yet. But that will be updated soon with an example.

What you could do:

The ‘requestId’ could be part of the HTTP header sent to Finesse. The header name should be ‘requestId’, and the value a unique string.

The value will be returned as part of the response/notificationrequestid.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ewindgat
Level 5
Level 5

You could add the RequestId to the User object when performing a PUT. Let me know if this helps.

wli6
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

could you please provide a sample xml about how to add request id to user object, thanks a lot.

There is no example in the Dev guide yet. But that will be updated soon with an example.

What you could do:

The ‘requestId’ could be part of the HTTP header sent to Finesse. The header name should be ‘requestId’, and the value a unique string.

The value will be returned as part of the response/notificationrequestid.

wli6
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks Edwin, it works well.

Looking forward to the new Dev guide with complete finesse api and examples, thanks a lot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: