Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Server Failover scenario

pyanamandra
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We connect to the Finesse server using XMPP as a Server application to receive agent state and dialog notifications. We are using Smack Libs to manage connection retry attempts. If we are to handle failover scenarios wherein the primary finesse server fails, should our code be handling the connection to the secondary or the other server in the cluster? Or can we still try connecting to the Finesse primary server and it can automatically direct the connection to an active server.

Would you please advice on  how this should be approached?

Thanks,

Param

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Param,

The out of the box Finesse desktop has a failover detection where if it is connected to the primary and it goes down, it will check to see if the secondary is IN_SERVICE before attempting to connect to it. It checks by using the SystemInfo API.

So, if the primary server fails, it should make sure the secondary is up. If so, connect to the secondary server. If not, continue to ping each of the finesse servers until one is IN_SERVICE and connect to that. The primary server will not automatically direct the connection to an active server.

I hope that helps!

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Param,

The out of the box Finesse desktop has a failover detection where if it is connected to the primary and it goes down, it will check to see if the secondary is IN_SERVICE before attempting to connect to it. It checks by using the SystemInfo API.

So, if the primary server fails, it should make sure the secondary is up. If so, connect to the secondary server. If not, continue to ping each of the finesse servers until one is IN_SERVICE and connect to that. The primary server will not automatically direct the connection to an active server.

I hope that helps!

Thanx,

Denise

Thank you Denise, that does answer my question.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: