Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Session Timeout

M Rinaldy Aulia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

We want to change Finesse Session Timeout which had default 30 Minutes on UCCX.

Do you know Maximum time for session timeout? Is there any way to make it unlimited session?

and Is there any impact if it can be set as unlimited session?

Finesse Timeout.JPG

Need your advice :)

11 Replies 11

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
That timeout is for the /appadmin interface. Finesse has no Session timeout that forces an agent out. The timeout in Finesse relates to an auto logout if the agent’s browser stops communicating with the BOSH interface for XMPP events (ie the agent closes their browser). To my knowledge, that timeout is not configurable and is approximately one minute.

Thank you for reply.

I still can't understand about BOSH, what factor can make the sessioun Finesse Timeout?

As Jonathan alluded to, you can't change the timeout values for Cisco Finesse... I am assuming, that's what you're trying to do. Cisco Finesse contains predefined values which gives the user (i.e. supervisors and agents) enough time to auto-recover from semi-minor failures, including High Availability (HA) failures without requiring the supervisors/agents to login again. The timeout and recovery values for UCCX Cisco Finesse mimics the values for UCCE (Cisco Finesse). Please keep in mind;

1. These values are estimated and/or "up to" values.

2. Supervisors/Agents should avoid closing or exiting the browser (Cisco Finesse) during the failover process, or during the service interruption.

3. If you don't have CA-signed certs, then supervisors/agents must accept the certs or create exceptions for both servers. This would prevent some users from automatically recovering from a failover or service interruption.

You can test this for yourself. Login to Cisco Finesse and go "Ready". Then, without changing your status - completely close (exit) the browser. This simulates a browser crash. UCCX still reports you as "Ready" based on your previous status and your device, so the countdown begins. Wait 15-30 seconds and login again using the same browser. You should be able to auto-recover your session without logging into Cisco Finesse again.

Check out the following links;

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express-1151/211376-Technote-on-How-Bosh-Connection-Works-fo.pdf

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/finesse-users-getting-logged-out-from-the-syste/td-p/2779823

Hopefully this helps. Good luck!

I'll occasionally get a finesse dialog pop-up box stating "You will be automatically signed out in about 5 minutes due to session expiry."

What causes this timeout, client loosing contact with the server?

I guess that happens when your using SSO and your refresh token is about to expire.

@sameyada Facing the same issue while using SSO. Is finesse unable to get the refresh token ? Any Suggestion ?

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

You know, this parameter doesn't have anything to do with Finesse. What are you trying to do exactly? This parameter, along with 'Max Number of Executed Steps' is designed to protect you from a number of unfavorable outcomes, such as; infinite call loops, improper scripting, phantom queue call, etc. whatever it might be.

Can you change this value? Sure but I would strongly recommend a slight increase to these values. Increasing these values will -eventually- impact the system memory usage at some point and you might notice performance related issues. There's no "unlimited" session value. Again, these parameters protect you from yourself.   

sameyada
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

UCCX 10.6 su3 onwards there is no session timeout value initially it used to be 30 min .what is the exact version of your ccx . Every 28 min you should see these request 

https://<fqdn>:8445/desktop/desktop/resources/ping.txt?nocache=123456789000

https://<fqdn>:8445/tomcat_running_check.html?nocache=1235654764575876

which keeps your desktop session alive.Fixed as part of bug CSCuz38289

But this is not true cfadmin page .cfadmin still logout after 30 min.

Hope it answers your query.

What do you mean by, "there is no session timeout value"? Are you saying, when you login to UCCX Admin and navigate to System > System Parameters. The Default Session Timeout parameter, nor the value of this parameter is not configurable beyond v10.6(SU3)? 

The original question was asking about the Default Session Timeout parameter and potential impacts. He wants to make this parameter unlimited for whatever reason. We told him, you can't disable or make this parameter unlimited and you shouldn't. Honestly, I still don't know the reasoning behind this request... what's the problem? 

I am not talking about "Default Session Timeout" in UCCX System Parameter.I have explained about Finesse session which was the main question in beginning.

sameyada
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee