cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I Setup Email Alerts for Queue Overflow in Webex Flow Designer

dhoskins
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently evaluating Webex Contact Center as we consider transitioning away from UCCX. In our existing setup, if there are more than three people waiting in the call queue, an email is automatically sent to the supervisors to alert them. I've been experimenting with the Flow Designer in Webex, but I'm not sure how to replicate this functionality. Could you provide any guidance on how to set up this feature in Flow Designer? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

11 Replies 11

Unfortunately it isn't like CCX or CCE where you can do it all in one place, you'll probably need to use a Webex Connect email notification like is described here. The good news is that there is code posted that you can use as a sample to test.
https://github.com/WebexSamples/webex-contact-center-api-samples/tree/main/webhook-email-notify-sample

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

I had a use case where we needed to send email alerts for certain triggers within the Flow. I tried to use threshold rules, with limited success. https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/n5595zd/Webex-Contact-Center-Setup-and-Administration-Guide#Cisco_Generic_Topic.dita_80b89a92-fc7a-4e55-a435-b44f618d2f82

However I ended up setting up email Alerts using the Webex Connect Webhooks and it works well. 

It took me a minute to find threshold rules. I was on the wrong page. 

Under Entity Information, I set it to Call Threshold. On Threshold Information, the Threshold metric is Number of calls in Queue.

Operand is >

Trigger Value as COUNT is 1

Trigger Interval is 120

Under Email Information, I put my E-mail address in notification receivers and text notification receivers and hit save. I set myself as unavailable and called the queue. I called the queue with my cell phone and then also on the other line of my desk phone and waited for 2 minutes. I never received an E-mail alert. Is there something else that needs to be configured?

Can you post a screenshot of what you have set up?

More than 1 caller in queue.png

Remember not all Threshold rules work. Here is one we have working. 

kgroves42_0-1715288508552.png

It's frustrating to hear that the threshold rule isn't functioning as expected, especially during our software evaluation phase.

Just to clarify, according to your threshold metric based on the 'longest time in queue': if one person is logged into the queue and answers a call, and then another call comes in and waits for more than a minute, does this trigger an email alert? Is my understanding correct?

Yes, that is correct, if there is a caller in the queue for longer then 60 seconds, emails start getting sent every 2 minutes. 

Hi @dhoskins , you might be running into this defect, depending on how "old" your setup is. If you have a threshold set up and it isn't working, maybe hit up TAC/your partner/the helpdesk depending on your support structure and confirm if this is what you're running into?
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwb04754

@bill.king1 A test environment was just setup for us about 3 weeks ago, so I'm not sure that's the issue.

Do any of your threshold alerts of any type work for you?
If not, it might as a test be worth trying to enter some personal email as the destination, in case it is something like your company, for instance, is blocking the alerts as spam?
If so, which ones work and which ones don't?