Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse ZenDesk Integration

dipmehta33
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Hope you are doing good.  I am trying to integrate Finesse with Zendesk and here are my requirements.

> Create a ZenDesk Ticket and assign it to the agent

> Grab the ticket number and do a screen pop to the agent

I would like to understand what would be the best way to achieve this.  I can do a REST call from CVP but if  the call gets abandoned while customers are in the queue there would be plenty of tickets without any assignments . Also, CVP will not have agent id so i cannot use this method.  Hence, i am trying to achieve this using Finesse answer event.

As per my understanding, i can create a ticket with Zendesk using REST call by screen pop and sending the agent id for assignment . However,  once the ticket is created and Zendesk sends the ticket number back - How would Finesse act on it ?  I would need to do a screen pop for the agent and open up this ticket in their browser.

This makes me think that i might need a custom Gadget which would basically take inputs from the Finesse and create a ticket and act on the data received.  Is that the right thing to do ?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards

Dip Mehta

7 Replies 7

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dip,

This white paper might be of interest to you: Integrating Zendesk into Cisco Finesse White Paper - Cisco

Note that the link to the embedded webapp is outdated and it can be found here: finesse-sample-code/EmbeddedWebAppSampleGadget at master · CiscoDevNet/finesse-sample-code · GitHub

Also the link to all of the sample gadgets can be found here: Cisco DevNet: Finesse - Docs

Thanx,

Denise

Hello Denise,

Thank you very much for your response and sharing those documents. I did review all the links. However, i am unable to find few answers.

As per documentation, if agent needs to create a zendesk ticket, they would have to press a button on gadget to do that.  Can this be automated ?  Is it possible to create a ticket as soon as agent answers the call by making a REST API call directly to Zendesk ? And once zendesk responds back with ticket number, we would like to do a screen pop with that ticket number ? Does that make sense ?

Regards

Dip

Hi Dip,

Yes, it is possible to automate the "create new ticket" via the REST API like you said. I would recommend that you take a look at the ExternalRestAPi sample gadget to see the code to listen to the dialog events and call an external REST API (the zendesk one). Then there is the Screenpop sample gadget that you can use to do the screen pop when you get the ticket number.

Thanx,

Denise

So, i can achieve the same outcome without gadgets as well by triggering a workflow which triggers the server side javascript to make a rest call to Zendesk and do the screenpop.

The only challenge in this scenario would be the limitation of number of call variables per workflow ( 5 variables per workflow ).

Can gadget overcome this limitation ? Can i have more than 5 variables which i can send while making a REST call to Zendesk ?

Hi,

When you build a custom gadget, you can send as many call variables as you want because you will be building the uri and body of the REST request.

Thanx,

Denise

pmctiernan
Level 1
Level 1

Search Zendesk App Marketplace for "Finesse" and you will find an out-of-the-box integration that will meet your needs and more. https://www.zendesk.com/marketplace/apps/?query=finesse

Cheers

psharma001
Level 1
Level 1

That’s something that the Smart CTI Connector from NovelVox does efficiently. They do support gadget customization, however to a certain extent - depending on the business requirement and feasibility of the solution. Contact them to discuss further!! You may also check out their web page before taking a call. 

Here’s the link: https://www.novelvox.com/integrations/zendesk-cisco-cti-connector/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: