cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Latency in Finesse & Notification Rest API for Change agent state, call controls like hold, switch line

plukka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have developed Web Soft phone using Finesse REST API & Notification services. Soft phone has capabilities of change agent state with non ready category & ready as well as call controls like answer, hold, conference & switch lines. Soft phone and Rest APIs are responsding properly with in dev environment as well as in production for customer who are in my network. But few of customers who are outside my network is facing an issue with latency in response for change state and other call controls actions. Notification service is notifying response almost after 10 seconds for given rest api request. we are unable identify root cause of latency. As agents are handling with live customer and it is giving little weird on latency for call controls .Can someone provide if there are any inputs?

This issue is not happening frequently with agent and do we think it might some peak load issues?

is there way to correlate between request and response for Rest API & Notification service also how can we correlate request between Finesse & CTIOS  Servers?

1 Reply 1

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I can't tell if you already done so from your post, but you probably want to identify if there is latency within the Finesse server or between the client and the Finesse server. You should take a look at the webservices logs and see when Finesse is actually getting the request and sending the response/notification. Since you say that it is working fine with it is within the network, I am going to assume the latency is between the client and Finesse. You should probably use wireshark to trace the request to see what is going on.

is there way to correlate between request and response for Rest API & Notification service

In order to correlate the request/response for the REST API and the notifications, you must use the requestId field when making the REST request. Please see this article: https://devnetsupport.cisco.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013114767-Correlating-the-REST-API-requests-to-the-notifications

can we correlate request between Finesse & CTIOS  Servers

Finesse actually talks to the CTI server and not CTIOS. I want to clarify that so you don't get confused. I don't think that there is an ID to correlate between Finesse and the CTI server message. In the webservices logs, you can see the API request and you should see the message being sent out to the CTI server soon after. In those messages going out, there is a unique invoke id. I believe this ID passes all the way to the CTI server, so it can be used to search while looking through the CTI server logs. But there isn't one identifier from the actual rest request all the way to CTI.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: