Views
Helpful
Replies

Get CVP Location information

egoppel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using CVP in an ELCAC setup, and now my customer wants to know how they can route calls to Agents close or on the same location.

So i would like to know, how i can retrieve the location information from the Call-Server into ICM, also known as the siteID or the locationID, etiher one will do. Or should i be looking it from a different angle, and get the location information from the SIP-Header, in a Call Studio app, and send that back to ICM. If so, what should i be looking at?

Any pointers?

Thanks,

Erik

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That's the one. 

It's populated and passed from CVP to ICM.   The value comes from either the CVP locations table using mapping from the originating gateway IP address, or in the case of calls from IP phones, from the Call-Info SIP header x-cisco-loc-name field.

Paul

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ptindall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Erik,

Use the location variable in ICM. This will have the calling location name if you've configured locations correctly.

Paul,

Would that be the call.LocationParamName you are referring to?

Thanks,

Erik

That's the one. 

It's populated and passed from CVP to ICM.   The value comes from either the CVP locations table using mapping from the originating gateway IP address, or in the case of calls from IP phones, from the Call-Info SIP header x-cisco-loc-name field.

Paul

Thanks Paul, that will work for me.