Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Get Digit string 9 digit

Hi Team,

I have created the new script . I used Get digit option to collect the digits. We have an 10 digit employee ID and it is getting the output correctly.   If user enters less than 10 digits  I need to play the prompt, how to achieve this. Can you guide me

jijeshktbramblescom_0-1692250982149.png

4 Replies 4

You’ll need to add an If step between the Get Digit String and Make Rest Call steps, ie in the Successful branch of the Get Digit String step. In this If step create the check for the number of digits collected in the get digit step, if less than 10 play the message with a Play Prompt step and send the call back to the get digit step for the caller to re enter the digits string. As this could cause the caller to be caught in an endless loop, if he/she persists in entering less then the desired number of digits, it would be advisable to also use a loop counter that increments for each pass and then you’ll add another If step to check for a given number of loops to then do whatever you want with the call so that it doesn’t get caught in the loop. You should also look at defining the number of digits needed to evaluate the get digit step as successful. For this see this article for more details. https://developer.cisco.com/docs/contact-center-express/#!configuring-the-get-digit-string-step/configuring-the-get-digit-string-step

Response Signature

@Roger Kallberg 

If users enters 10 digits doing the   Make Rest calls and it is working fine that I tested. when Users enter the 9 digits I need to play the prompt . please enter the right employee ID no need to do the Rest Call. How to achieve this.

Regards,

Jijesh

I explained how to do that in my response. Suggest that you read it again.

Response Signature

As @Roger Kallberg is writing

You have to make and If statement (Something like this

ThomasGJohannesen_1-1692258252521.png

Here you also have the protection for endless loop (Again as @Roger Kallberg is writing :-))

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.