Views
Helpful
Replies

Get SessionId when making a call

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi

We are making an application that uses finesse API to make/receive calls etc. All this works well

We needed for an inbound call to get the "Session ID" from the current call to the application, using some scripting we were able to do that.

But when an agent is making a manual call, we also would like to have the "Session ID" from this call. In the reporting (Detailed Call by Call CCDR Report) we can see the Session ID, but how can we get this session ID to our application. I was thinking of something like a finesse workflow which would perform an action when making a call

Any help is appreciated

Jan

4 Replies 4

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What do you mean by "Session Id"? Do you mean the call id? If not, how are you getting the session id for the inbound calls?

Thanx,

Denise

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Denise

When an agent receives an inbound call, in the historical reporting a lot is bound to the sessionID. In a script you can get the sessionID by using the GetContactInfo step and the GetSessionInfo step. This will results in a variable containing the SessionID which you can put in a callVariable and the 3rd party can receive this information and this is stored.

But agents also make manual outbound calls (calling a customer back for whatever reason). The historical report "Detailed Call by Call CCDR Report" has all the information regarding these outbound calls, and again the sessionID is how all is bound together

When an agent is making a manual outbound call, the 3rd application would like to have this sessionID, but since no script is involved in  manual calls, you can't use the previous method.

I checked the Finesse API, but I haven't found a method to get the sessionID when an agent makes a manual call

Through the finesse API's I can get a lot of information about the active call, but not the SessionID from this call (which appears in the historical reporting)

Thank you for your help

Jan

Hi,

Unfortunately Finesse isn't aware of this session Id. It only knows the call id and the different call/ecc/BA variables. So if there isn't a way to put this session Id into one of the variables, then there isn't a way for Finesse to retrieve this information.

Thanx,

Denise

Thank you for your reply

Thanks

Jan