Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting call variables from Finesse via API

Hello Group,

I'm looking at the finesse API guide and see that I can get a list of call variables from the system API. What I want to do is to pull a call variable from a call via the API. What I'm missing is;  how do you filter which call you are getting the call variables from? Any help or clarification is greatly appreciated.

For reference. This is what I am looking at:https://developer.cisco.com/site/finesse/docs/guides/rest-api-dev-guide/  

Under the section systemvariable- list

Thanks,

Jon

3 Replies 3

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jon,

The API you have pointed to (systemvariable) is getting a list of the system variables versus the call variable values for a particular call.

If you want the call variables for a particular call, you need to use the GET dialog API: Dialog—Get Dialog

You would need to have the dialogId to use this API though.

If you want it in realtime versus APIs, you would need to make a connection to the Finesse Notification service. Unfortunately, if the agents are using the Finesse out of the box desktop, this cannot work as you can only make one connection to the notification service per agent (and the desktop counts as one).

At this time, Finesse doesn't have any admin monitoring abilities where it sees all of the events for all agents.

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks Denise. That's what I was looking for. I figured there had to be an ID (Dialog) associated with the call. I was just looking at the wrong API. Is there a way to identify the dialog of the call? Can it be pulled from the call into a variable?

Hi Jon,

Is there a way to identify the dialog of the call?

Are you asking if there is a way to get the dialogIds? If so, you can get the list of dialogs per user here: User—Get List of Dialogs (Voice Only by Default)

Thanx,

Denise