cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting Error while creating new agent in ICM 8.5.2

Arpit Arora
Level 1
Level 1

I am facing a problem when i am trying to create a new agent or skill group, I am getting the error:

Failed to Update the Database.

Attempt to insert a new record with a Unique ID that is already in use.

Data Location: Skill_Target.

Please help !!!!!!!

1 Reply 1

Greeshma Bernad
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Arpit,

This error message can appear when an agent with the same name already       exists in the ICM database.

One solution is that you add the new agent to the ICM with a different       name.

Alternatively, you can delete the existing agent. When you delete an       agent, it is logically marked for deletion, but continues to exist in the       database with the Deleted flag set to Y (yes). It is no longer available for use in the routing scripts. However, you       will still be unable to create a new agent with the same name as that of the       deleted agent, because it still exists in the database. In order to delete the       agent record permanently, select Configuration Manager >       Administration > Deleted Objects, and       delete it.

Refer to  Failure to Add a New Agent to Cisco ICM - Violation of UNIQUE KEY Constraint for more information. Also refer  UCCE 7.x: Error Message "Failed to update the database" When Trying to Delete an Agent.

Regards,

Greeshma