cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting the Cisco-Guid in UCCX

RyanHarmon56961
Level 1
Level 1

My team and I have an application where we need to be able to match up calls from UCCX with calls being recorded through SIPREC in another server. We are considering using the Cisco-Guid to do this, and are following the method suggested in this thread by appending it into the RPID header so we can read it in UCCX as the calling number:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/reading-the-sip-header-from-the-uccx-application/td-p/3356146

Thus our RPID looks something like:

Remote-Party-ID: "1123456789" <sip:+1123456789*0123456789-0123456789-0123456789-0123456789@...

However, the original calling number plus an asterisk plus the guid is 56 characters and it seems the longest we can make a variable is 48, so part of it gets truncated. Is there a way to store this in an ECC variable or something else that is large enough to fit all the data?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Sean Lynch
Level 7
Level 7
Are you still having problems with this issue? I would try breaking up the components in the SIP message into logical chunks, then assigning each component to a token (as in an array element) which could be reassembled later. This is not something that I've done before. But I think I will test this as I came across this while researching another similar requirement.
Let me know if you would like to collaborate on this, or if it helps.
-Sean