cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help! Silent calls in my Cisco Finesse call center

Jen R
Level 1
Level 1

My customer service team continues to get silent inbound calls in our Cisco Finesse call center. Several each day!  The issue started with just inbound calls, and now when they pull the caller's phone number from the caller ID, and try to call the caller back, that call is silent too.  Most of these staff members work from home and have Jabre soft phones, but we do have some issues with staff that work in the office.  What is the issue??  

Thanks,

Jen R., St. Luke's Hospital

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

One-way and no-way audio is usually a network problem (eg no route, ACL, etc.). You will need to troubleshoot to figure out where the RTP packets are being lost. My preference is to start at the PSTN gateway since that will tell you whether it’s your problem or the provider’s. If SIP and unencrypted, run a PCAP on the provider-facing interface and place a test call. If you can hear audio in Wireshark stream analyzer then the issue is within your network. Move to the next hop - such as a WAN router or inside of a VPN concentrator - and repeat the test.

Jen R
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, I will have system support try this

Do the users in the office who have the same issue use physical phones or are they using Jabber as well? If all-Jabber, just as a troubleshooting measure might be worth deploying a physical phone to see if it happens to the same user (remote or in the office). At least eliminates the physical PC/audio settings on the computer for instance.

The users in the office use physical phones while in-office and have Plantronics CS540 headset phone/ "soft-phones" at home.  They do use a Meraki box to connect to the hospital network. At one point we thought maybe there was an interruption due to the Meraki box, but just not sure. Any thoughts about that?

It could be, like @Jonathan Schulenberg mentioned, some type of network issue, but odd that it would happen intermittently and not consistently. The physical phones in the office though you say do the same thing? Are the "problem" users all on the same network for instance, or it is random users here and there at random times of day who have the issue?

It is definitely happening more with those who work from outside the office.  Yesterday, one of my reps had 13 silent calls throughout the day, and he works from home.  One rep in the physical office only had 1 silent call yesterday.  They are all on the same network, however, obviously those from home have to get in through the direct VPN using the Meraki box