cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can you encode credentials in Base64 via UCCX editor (UCCX 9.0(2) Premium)?

patriciabohn
Level 1
Level 1

We have successfully authenticated but the only way we were able to figure out how was to manually encode (see below):

java.net.URLConnection c = new java.net.URL("http://192.168.1.111/adminapi/campaign").openConnection(); 
c.setDoInput(true);
c.setRequestProperty("Authorization","Basic dWNjeGFkbWluOmlwY3NjMTI=");
c.connect();

Does anyone know how to complete this authentication without manually encoding?  Any help/input is appreciated!  Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Try this:

c.setRequestProperty("Authorization","Basic " + com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dv.util.Base64.encode(("username" + ":" + "password").getBytes()).trim());

Swapping out "username" and "password" for better strings or variables.

I should mention that in my IDE this 'xerces' class is flagged as 'propriety, internal and may be removed from Java in a future release'... however it's still there in JDK 8 so I wouldn't sweat it too much. The other option is you'd have to load up another API or google an example of manual encoding (there are some) but this is a good one-liner.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

how 'bout this:

new String(javax.xml.bind.DatatypeConverter.printBase64Binary(orig.getBytes()));

In action:

Both orig and encoded are Strings.

Tested with UCCX 8.0 (JDK 6).

G.

P.S.: Aaron. com.sun.*?! Not cool.

Thank you both for your quick reply!!  We tested both solutions and they both worked!

Hi G

Yeah, I kind of knew that... but never got round to looking up a better way :-)

+5 

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!