cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I associate the skills i created to my Resource Group?

ryoung195
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to test working with skills so they can be later used and assigned to agents in production queues.  I have created a test queue with 2 agents and assigned skills and competence levels to each agent. I created 3 CSQ's that are resource skills.   I am not sure how these new CSQ's i created will talk to the Resource group throught the script.  Do these new CSQ's need to be added to the script as parameters?

I am running

Cisco Application Administration - 5.0(2)SR01_Build053

Package: Unified CCX Enhanced

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You would set the CSQ name on the Select Resource step instead of the Resource Group.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You would set the CSQ name on the Select Resource step instead of the Resource Group.

Thanks for the reply. 

I get that part. 

I have 3 Skill.  I created 3 spearate CSQ's.  Would i but all 3 CSQ's into the script? 

Is there better documention then what i have seen that shows how this works?

There isn't a good narative that I'm aware of in the documentation. Here's a synopsis of how it works:

• Resources are assigned to one or more Skills and assigned a Competency Level.
  • One or more Skills are then assigned to one or more CSQs. The Selection Criteria of the CSQ defines the order of agents to which the call is offered.
    Note that if you assign multiple skills to the same CSQ the agent must be skilled in all of them.
  • A single CSQ is assigned to a Select Resource step in the script.
  • The RmCm subsystem will choose agents in a Ready state at the time the Select Resource step is executed.

The most common Selection Criteria is Most Skilled. In this model all available agents at the highest Competency Level are offered the call first in a Longest Available order. Once those agents are exhausted it will proceed to the next lower Competency Level.

Separately from that you can simultaneously queue a call into up to 25 CSQs using nested Select Resource steps in the script. Are you looking for more information on simultaneous queuing; or, was this explanation on how skills-based routing works more in line with what you want?

Im leanring UCCX on the job.  I have noticed that Cisco does not have any good documentaion on all the features that UCCX does.  Not good at all.

I think your explanation on how the skills based routing is what i am loking for.  I will have to play arouund with my test script to see if i get the results the user is asking for. 

I appreciate the help alot. 

It may be worth putting the UCCXD course into your training budget. It's really the only way to not bang your head against the wall with this product for the first month.

I have already taken the UCCXD course and i found it only taught me thing i already know about IPCC.  Would like to get into the UCCXA course but its all about budget.