Views
Helpful
Replies

How To Change Codec on CVP

mbieyasid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

as i know during the installation of CVP call/VXML we must select what codec can be used for the example below.

cvpc.jpg

so the question is how to if we need to change for example in the installation I used g711alaw and the after installation finish and the PCCE deployment already done then I want to change g711alaw in the CVP server to g711ulaw??

is only change codec file .wav in the CVP or there is more config must be change?

please kindly give me some documents or best practices for that.

now I used PCCE version 12.5.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mbieyasid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @ptindall and @david.macias 

Thank you for your reply to my discussion.

finally, I'm done changing the codec on the CVP post-installation, below task for changing the codec on the CVP.

1. go to 'C:\Cisco\CVP\conf\cvp_pkgs.properties' and change the following parameters (reboot the CVP call servers after this change to take affect)
    1. cvp-pkgs.PromptEncodeFormatULaw = 1 =>> 0
    2. cvp-pkgs.PromptEncodeFormatALaw = 0 =>> 1
  2. Convert all the ulaw media files on the VXML sever / media server to alaw format
  3. update the dialpeers and the SIP trunk from CUCM to use the Alaw instead of Ulaw.
  4. Change Codec on the VVB from ulaw to alaw.

cheers

Yasid

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

ptindall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Should just determine which system prompt set is loaded.  I don't recall any other implications.

Like Paul said that screen (which in my opinion shouldn't even be present) asks you what prompts the installer will put down by default. In reality they should just install them all and have different folders in the media folder.

To answer your question, put in prompts with the right encoding and you're set when it comes to CVP server.

david

mbieyasid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @ptindall and @david.macias 

Thank you for your reply to my discussion.

finally, I'm done changing the codec on the CVP post-installation, below task for changing the codec on the CVP.

1. go to 'C:\Cisco\CVP\conf\cvp_pkgs.properties' and change the following parameters (reboot the CVP call servers after this change to take affect)
    1. cvp-pkgs.PromptEncodeFormatULaw = 1 =>> 0
    2. cvp-pkgs.PromptEncodeFormatALaw = 0 =>> 1
  2. Convert all the ulaw media files on the VXML sever / media server to alaw format
  3. update the dialpeers and the SIP trunk from CUCM to use the Alaw instead of Ulaw.
  4. Change Codec on the VVB from ulaw to alaw.

cheers

Yasid

+5 Thank you so much for the detailed explanation, this will help a ton of people in the future.

david

Hi yasid

I have the same requirement, how easy was it to carry out the change - any issues, missing instructions?

Thanks 

Reading the instructions again they make perfect sense and shouldn't require any further steps.

david

Hi @Iptuser37 

ya you just follow as the instruction, but As converting the media files might be tricky you shoud make sure again on the media file. and reboot the CVP call servers after this change to take affect and then on the vvb you should restart as notification appear after changes parameter.