cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to concatenate two numbers in IPIVR script.

prashs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have a customer requirement where we need to get employee ID and call back number , after that we need to  concatenate two number , Employee name and call back number and transfer the call .

Using UCCX to receive the call.

Is there any way to concatenate two numbers.

Regards

Prashanth                  

4 Replies 4

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

well, if those numbers are stored as String variables, all you have to do is to use the + operator.

For instance, if you have String employeeID = "999" and String callbackNumber = "8123" then using the Set step, String finallyTogether = employeeID + callbackNumber.

G.

Spot on!  It sounds like he's getting the input from the caller, in which case it will be a String and not an integer.  Therefore your solution is exactly what they needed.

Only because the title of this post is misleading, I will also add the solution for actually concatenating two integers together, for those users searching for that answer and finding this post.

The first thing users should know is: concatenation is a function you perform on Strings only.  Therefore, when looking to concatenate two things together, the result is always a String.

Variables

int employeeID = 999

int callbackNumber = 8123

String finallyTogether = ""

Script Step

Set finallyTogether = "" + employeeID + callbackNumber

The reason this works is because Java will look at the expression from left to right, and perform the ("" + employeeID) first.  Whatever your left term object type is, the right term will be cast to the same. E.g., We have an empty String literal ("") of type String, and a variable (employeeID) of type int.  Therefore the int will be cast into a String using it's toString() method.  Now the expression looks like this ("999" + callbackNumber) and the same rules apply.  A String on the left and an int on the right; the int turns into a String and the two are concatenated).

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

I found this usefull for the customer solution .

But there is limitation of the UCCX to send the caller name to the thirdparty system via QSIG.

So customer is asking ,

Can we do a DB lookup and get the Caller name

and convert this caller name to coded number and send that number via QSIG.

Example

Kumar  will be converted to 12345

To the best of my knowledge, UCCX cannot manipulate the message headers or control channel of the call.  So, even though you can read some of those attributes, such as Calling Number, you cannot modify them.

If you were needing to pass information to the 3rd party over the QSIG trunk, my initial thought is to use the Call Consult Transfer step, leveraging its ability to out pulse DTMF digits prior to completing the transfer, and out pulse the number it's looking for.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.