cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Create Custom Call Studio 12 Send DTMF Element

Dehaaa
Level 1
Level 1

I want to create a custom element that sends DTMF according to my logic . I can file play .wav files of dtmf tones but there is a better solution i believe. How can i use VXML feature below to create an element for on call studio. Can you share a document or code block on how to do it?

senddtmf.PNG

5 Replies 5

ptindall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You could try the attached Java as a starting point.  It's a very simple custom voice element that constructs the VoiceXML for playing an RTSP URL streaming audio source.  It's an easy modification to use a "builtin:senddtmf/XXXXXX..."  source instead and pass in the DTMF digits via element settings.

Hello Paul,

This for sharing this.

I have this exact same requirement. Quick question - Can this work on 12.0 ?

I see sendDTMF was added in VVB 12.5.. but my customer is on 12.0

Thanks!

Sujit Sathe

The custom element code will work on any version of CVP but clearly the operation will fail if you don't have VVB 12.5.

Hello Paul,

How do you deploy this java file in CVP? I am working on a project that requires connecting to a device, sending a DTMF that invokes the device playing back some audio which I will then capture with CVP and convert to text via Nuance.

Ahmed,

The sample posted in this thread is a simple custom voice element so it needs to be added to CVP in two places.   Compile the Java and package into a JAR. 

Deploy the JAR --

1.  On CVP Studio so it appears in the palette (after Studio restart)
    C:\Cisco\CallStudio\eclipse\plugins\com.audiumcorp.studio.library.common\lib
  2.  On the CVP server for run-time (also needing VoiceXML service restart)
    C:\Cisco\CVP\VXMLServer\common\lib