Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to detect if a call has been answered from script

I need detect form RONA script when a call has been answered from an agent and this try to transfer to another agent that no answer the call and then the call has been rerouted to RONA script.

Platform consists of: CCE 7.5 + IP IVR

someone can help me

Thanks for advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

do they transfer into another serviceline and you handle RONA through target requery or do they transfer directly onto the extension and you redirect to a RONA script?

you need this information in real-time(in the running script, not reporting), right? There are some ways you could try. Do Agents call this service line aside from transfering? You can make a database query for this call in the RONA script and check if the ANI is a logged in agent. If they do not call the service line normally you could conclude it must be a transfer. But there would be a cleaner way...

...Since there are no standard informations of this kind available in real-time you have to use call variables. But normally the second call (transfer) is a new call for the system so you dont have your previous call variables (unles the system is configured to keep this information, or you set it for the new transfer call).

Since you cannot set things in an ICM script when the call is at the agent, this information can only come from your Agent Desktop. This means 2 things:

- Transfer must be done via Agent Desktop in this scenario

- Set a PeripheralVariable when initiation the new call but you would need to make a custom button to do so i guess.

...this are the things you could try. Personally i use both methods, first one to get such calsl a higher priority in the queue and secon method to identify transfers (done via a custom agent frontend and ECC variable tho).

~Fabian

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

How is the first agent calling the second agent?  Is it a warm transfer or a blind transfer?  Is it direct or via ICM?

david

Thank you for your answer...

Transfer are of both types, warm and direct and by phone..

But, if only is possible detect it if the transfer was done by CAD maybe would be a solution

Hi,

do they transfer into another serviceline and you handle RONA through target requery or do they transfer directly onto the extension and you redirect to a RONA script?

you need this information in real-time(in the running script, not reporting), right? There are some ways you could try. Do Agents call this service line aside from transfering? You can make a database query for this call in the RONA script and check if the ANI is a logged in agent. If they do not call the service line normally you could conclude it must be a transfer. But there would be a cleaner way...

...Since there are no standard informations of this kind available in real-time you have to use call variables. But normally the second call (transfer) is a new call for the system so you dont have your previous call variables (unles the system is configured to keep this information, or you set it for the new transfer call).

Since you cannot set things in an ICM script when the call is at the agent, this information can only come from your Agent Desktop. This means 2 things:

- Transfer must be done via Agent Desktop in this scenario

- Set a PeripheralVariable when initiation the new call but you would need to make a custom button to do so i guess.

...this are the things you could try. Personally i use both methods, first one to get such calsl a higher priority in the queue and secon method to identify transfers (done via a custom agent frontend and ECC variable tho).

~Fabian

I'm confused on what you're trying to do.  If I receive a call from ICM and I decide to transfer it to my supervisor and the supervisor doesn't answer it will be sent to VM, right?  Is that the way your agents are setup?

david

Hi,

My problem is caused by agents which make transfers  to another agent extension directly, when the destination agent is in ready state, that causes RONA is triggered and CT RONA reports shows calls that not have been entered by principal service.

Furthermore, calls abandoned on ring in RONA script  are counted as "other"   instead of being counted as "Abandoned".

Following Fabian idea, I have modified my RONA script in order to detect when CLID is corresponde with an agent extension in order to release that call.

Yesterday I put into production the changes and when I have a clear result I will put it here.

Thank you all

Hi,

Changes made in RONA script has gave the expected result.

Thank you all

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: