Views
Helpful
Replies

How to setup Emergency Messages Script

Zapparoli
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

Customer request an option to call a number and record an emergency message in case of an outage or emergency announcements. I'm planning to setup the routing script with an initial audio file with 1-second mute ("emergency.wav", e.g.). When supervisor call to the emergency script, it will be transferred to CVP application and use the recording element. The supervisor will record the emergency file and after that I want CVP to save this file to the folder as "emergency.wav", so the initial audio file with 1 second mute will be changed to the emergency file recorded by supervisor.

I know that record element in Call Studio can do it, but how can I setup the FTP to automatically save the file in both media servers (side a and b)?

Can anyone help me with this setup or share with me any guide?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, that  looks fine.

1.The Record element creates element data with the full path/name of the audio file recorded (it appears in the Activity Log of the Record element), so I usually use that for the FileName setting in the FTP element {Data.Element.Record_01.filepath}.

2.You might consider including a YesNoMenu before doing the FTP to allow the user to  confirm that they want to transfer the audio. Just in case.

3. The FTP occurs  in the 'foreground'  - -so if it's a large recording, the gateway may  throw an error.badfetch while waiting for VXML Server to reply with the next audio. So  in the Voice Element just prior to FTP (like the YesNoMenu or Record01) in the Settings tab, enter the VoiceXML Property Name: fetchtimeout  Value: 30s  to ensure the gateway waits patiently for the  FTP to complete.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

In the record element, save the recording to a Folder, not FTP. Ex, c:\temp

Then use the FTP Client element in the (Elements/Integration) and give

it the file path (C:\temp\emergency.wav)

And then a list of FTP Servers to send it to, and you can specify the

destination name and folder.

See the Element Specifications ref manual for details.

Dear Janine,

Thanks for your help. I build a record message application for scratch using the record element and it's working fine to record but It's saving the audio file in just one media server(the active media server). With the The FTP element in application, I will be able to save the audi file in both media servers?

How can I configure the FTP Element to pick up this file and paste it in both CVP media server? Our customer have call server +media server.

Please, the documentation is not clear about the steps that I need to do to save the record audio in both media server.

Many thanks.

Appreciate your help.

The ElementSpecifications Reference Manual explains how to use the FTP

Client element.

FileName: path and name of the file to transfer

RemoteFileName: what to call it after the transfer

FTPServer: IP or hostname (right-click to add more FTP Server hosts)

Path: where to store the file relative to the ftp root   (eg, en-us/app/)

Dear Janine,

Last reply, so sorry about that.

I got the steps to add the FTP to the Call Servers, my concern was just to do something not supported by Cisco but I have checked that enabling FTP Server in the Media Server is supported.

So, the record application with the FTP_Client element should be like this below?

Screen Shot 02-07-18 at 08.43 AM.PNG

If my FTP root is the same as IIS (c:\inetpub\wwwroot), are the follow FTP_Client settings correct?

As we can see above, I'll try to copy a file in current media server (e.g., Media server A) and replace it by a new file with the same name and path as the original file (in this case file record.wav in path c:\inetpub\wwwroot\en-us\App\En . Is there any problem to do this? Is the system overwrite the original file?

Many thanks Janine!

Appreciate your help.

Yes, that  looks fine.

1.The Record element creates element data with the full path/name of the audio file recorded (it appears in the Activity Log of the Record element), so I usually use that for the FileName setting in the FTP element {Data.Element.Record_01.filepath}.

2.You might consider including a YesNoMenu before doing the FTP to allow the user to  confirm that they want to transfer the audio. Just in case.

3. The FTP occurs  in the 'foreground'  - -so if it's a large recording, the gateway may  throw an error.badfetch while waiting for VXML Server to reply with the next audio. So  in the Voice Element just prior to FTP (like the YesNoMenu or Record01) in the Settings tab, enter the VoiceXML Property Name: fetchtimeout  Value: 30s  to ensure the gateway waits patiently for the  FTP to complete.

The setting named: FTP Server - just right click this setting and select

Add FTP Server

How Can I setup the call server + media server to be a FTP server?

Many thanks.

Enabling FTP on the the Media Server is a standard thing that you should

be able to google.

You go into Add or Remove Programs, Select Windows Programs (left pane)

and select to make it an FTP Server.

Then go into IIS Manager and ensure the FTP root is the same as the  IIS

root (c:\inetpub\wwwroot).

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

You'll probably want to use IIS Manager to configure the Expiration

Header on emergency.wav so that it expires every few minutes from the

gateway cache. This forces GW to check and retrieve newer version of the

file (but not retrieve the file if it hasn't changed).