cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Upload Third-Party Gadgets to uccx 11.5

aphrodizia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi can any one kindly ellaborate how we can upload 3rdparty gadgets to uccx. i have downloaded a sample gadget but from the documentation i have seen its not properly explained i only succeded in resetting the password.

i have googled all over and nobody really says how this can be accomplished we are all used to gui with sftp but this is totally cli

does any body have an easier way of uploading these files to the finesse server.

i thought going to OS administration of uccx and uploading these files would accomplish the same task

my_workstation:gadgets user$ sftp 3rdpartygadget@<finesse>
3rdpartygadget@<finesse>'s password:
Connected to <finesse>.
sftp> cd /files
sftp> put HelloWorld.xml
Uploading HelloWorld.xml to /files/HelloWorld.xml
HelloWorld.xml                                                                        100% 2751     2.7KB/s   00:00
sftp> exit
3 Replies 3

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Refer below post that will guide you on how to reset the 3rdpartygadget password and upload the required gadget to the UCCX system then. Use Filezilla client that is all GUI

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12574626/finesse-screenpop-gadget-problem

Regards

Deepak

Hello Deepak,

We are using the 3rdpartygadget in UCCX 11.6.2, it works well.

Now I am planning to upgrade the UCCX to 12.5.1 SU3. 

Will the gadget still work after the upgrade?

Thanks,

James

Without knowing the gadget it’s impossible to tell, but in my experience most gadgets do work from 11.x to 12x.

david