cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HTTP Document step failing after upgrade to 12.5

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

Customer has a step in a UCCX script that retrieves an XML document from an HTTP server.  We have this set up for https on port 11112.  This worked in version 11.5 just fine.  After the upgrade, this does not work.  We can get it via unsecure HTTP on port 80, and that works.  However, the data is sensitive and needs to be encrypted.  Wireshark on the web server sees the connection attempt, but based on what I see, UCCX doesn't like the connection.  I see the client HELLO, followed by the server HELLO, there there are two data packets (not TLS), and the second includes a reset.  

We've confirmed the SSL certificates are valid and loaded, but I'm scratching my head on how to troubleshoot this further.  I don't even see the call being attempted in the MIVR logs.  Perhaps there is a secret setting fo to troubleshoot the failing call?

Suggestions appreciated....

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Have you uploaded a tomcat-trust certificate for the server in question or the CA that signed the server's certificate? You'll have to restart "Cisco Tomcat" service after you do that.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Have you uploaded a tomcat-trust certificate for the server in question or the CA that signed the server's certificate? You'll have to restart "Cisco Tomcat" service after you do that.

Yes, no.  

To be honest, this is the second time around we're doing the SSL certs, etc.  First time we installed them, put them as a trust on UCCX, rebooted the servers, and same issue.  This time we did everything except reboot the servers (which should work as a tomcat restart).   

Having not played with it on this version I wasn't sure that was really necessary with a trust cert.  CUCM doesn't seem to need it to see it.  Not sure why it's different, but we'll go ahead and reboot them and see what happens.  

Turns out the restart/reboot was indeed necessary for it to recognize the trust certificates.