Views
Helpful
Replies

HTTPS Make REST Call from IP IVR

Sukhadeo Prasad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to call third party URL (FQDN based) using Make Rest Call node in CCX Editor. I am trying to achieve this by -

1. Make an entry in the /etc/hosts file on UCCX server for domain, IP mapping. 

2. Installing the certificate ( using UCCX Admin ) provided by API vendor.

Do these two steps sufficient to make HTTPS call from the CCX Editor using Make Rest Call node.

Thanks,

Sukhadeo.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How are you going to edit the /etc/hosts file?

For certificates, you would upload this to Tomcat (tomcat-trust). That's where the newer versions of UCCX keep the certs it needs for connecting to secure hosts via scripting.

EDIT: When I said Tomcat, I meant the Trust Store.  Hopefully that was clear, but if not, I've edited my response.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How are you going to edit the /etc/hosts file?

For certificates, you would upload this to Tomcat (tomcat-trust). That's where the newer versions of UCCX keep the certs it needs for connecting to secure hosts via scripting.

EDIT: When I said Tomcat, I meant the Trust Store.  Hopefully that was clear, but if not, I've edited my response.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Is there an issue with your DNS server?  Your CCX should be able to do both forward and reverse resolution of the server you are pointing to, assuming that server is properly defined on DNS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: