cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICD3.0 - Whisper to Agent before call is connected

rjrii
Level 1
Level 1

ICD3.0 - Has anyone developed a way to first accept a call and retrieve the DNIS they dialed and based on the DNIS, play a prompt to the Agent answering the phone before the caller is connected?

In traditional call centers / PBXs this is often referred to as a whisper.

18 Replies 18

Aaron,

the only way I've got this working is to do an If statement on the ResourceID.

So you have Select Resource\Selected:

If ResourceID == agent1 (where agent1 is a string with the agent ID) then:

True: SET agentXtn (where agentXtn is a string with the Agents DN) = agent1

Goto place call step,

Place Call Step to agentXtn, terminate contact.

False: have another If for the next agent & so on until the last agent which goes straight to connect.

You could have the agentID & Xtn strings set as parameters so that you could change them 'on the fly' and not have to reload the scripts all the time.

It's not the prettiest I guess especially if you have lots of agents, but I can't figure a slicker way of doing it. It also places another call so it's doubling up the number of calls processed by CCM & you'd have to take into consideration the 'whisper' call for reporting purpose.

I hope this helps.

NJ.

Attached is the AgentWhisper.aef script. It is the original one I posted way back. Anyway, d1nnsear is correct on the caveats but here it is none the less.

andy - berbee

I know this is an old post, but I am trying to get whisper announcement played to agent so they know what queue the call is coming from.  I can get the agents extension from the Get user info, but I cannot place a call to that extension.  My agent is showing reserved and I have no connect in the Select resource step.  I am not getting any errors on the script so I am not sure why it is failing.

lmolina
Level 1
Level 1

Again, a very old post but I wanted to give a try on the whisper announcement and after some tweaks, I made it work for me.

Attached is my version, tested in Cisco Finesse 12.5.

I converted srtCSQ, pAgentPrompt and intCallControlGroup to parameters, for better control during testing.

This is important, you need to match intCallControlGroup to the IDs you have configured for Call Control Groups in your Finesse server. By default, the script works with Call Control Group ID 0, but if you have a different ID, you need to match that ID to the script parameter to make the call go to the selected resource.

Any thoughts are welcome.