gmcgill
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

Site Setup:

ICM Enterprise 6.0 sr3

CRS 3.5.3

CM 4.0.2(3)

We recently added a second IVR and are unable to add any scripts for the second IVR. The name of the script on the IVR and in ICM is unique to the IVR. During the add to the ICM VRU script list, the pulldown list shows IVR2. When this is chosen, it immediatly changes the first script, that pointed to IVR1, to IVR2. Something is forcing the scripts to point to the same IVR.

What can cause this behavior?

Thanks in advance

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are the IVR servers using seperate repositories. Usually you share the same repository, as a result you only need to upload scritps to one server.

Chris

Both IVR servers share the same repository but have different "instances" or "profiles". TAC indicated this would keep the scripts seperate. That seems to have worked from the IVR view, but ICM may be confused about this arrangement.

jond
Level 1
Level 1

Just out of curiousity what is your plan for the two IVRs? Are they going to provide distinct services?

It appears that we may need as many as 200 IVR ports. I have been advised that 100 is about the limit for a 7835. Will a 7845 handle 200 or does the OS start to limit the capacity?

We wanted to have all scripts available on each IVR and let ICM select an IVR based on availability, perhaps with a preference for which IVR would be chosen as primary.

Thanks, I would configure the IVRs with a separate configuration profile and the same repository. If you decide not to use the same repository profile just make sure to name the scripts the same on both IVRs under the ICM subsystem.

On the ICM side you can define multiple IVRs however if you define a single Network VRU and point all IVRs to that Network VRU you can avoid having to reference each IVR's scripts separately. You would still translation route to the IVR thus targeting them individually however your Run External script nodes would reference a script that should reside on any IVR you choose. Thus you can avoid having to duplicate call flows and define ICM VRU Scripts for each IVR. They would in essence share the same VRU scripts.

As for the capacity limitations I don't know off the top of my head what they are. It depends upon the IVR licensing and server.

That sounds like what we are looking for but I missed how I can point the IVR to a Network VRU. Is this on the CRS side or the ICM side? We do have individual profiles - but IVR1 learned about the profile defined on IVR2. Is this normal and how can I verify which profile the IVR is actually running under?

I did hear a rule of thumb that a 7835 can support ~ 100 ports and a 7845 ~ 250 ports.

Many thanks.

Network VRU is configured on the ICM side. PG Explorer - Peripheral - Advanced Tab. On the IVR you can check the profile by using the Engine Menu. There should be an option for Repository and you will see what Repository the IVR is pointed to.